Page 1 of 1282 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. Official PC Thread

I was looking at building a new system today with all of the stuff upcoming for PC that I want (C&C3, ET: Quake Wars, UT3, Spore, Frontlines, etc). I saw that nVidia's going to be releasing the 8600 line (GTS, GT, and budget) on April 17th, so decided to hold off.

Anyway, official PC thread. Hitting the bigtime.

2. I'm going to build a top-end DX10 machine in September to coincide with all the big PC releases.

Going to be a big year for PC gaming for me. UT3, Quake Wars, Frontlines, Bio Shock and Team Fortress 2 are sure to rock everyone's world this year.

Anyone have any news on AMD's new chips? I'm curious when they're going to brind out a quad-core chip.

Also, its a good idea to have a PC thread Schlep.

3. Did Quake Wars get pushed back to September?

Also, its a good idea to have a PC thread Schlep.
    We should've had one much earlier, I think. Good stuff coming this year (especially with DX10 coming into full swing later on).

4. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    Did Quake Wars get pushed back to September?

We should've had one much earlier, I think. Good stuff coming this year (especially with DX10 coming into full swing later on).

Last I heard it was going to be June, but who really knows. All I know is that it is going to be the PC game to own this year. Trust me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    Did Quake Wars get pushed back to September?
    The release date is kind of vague right now, as it's on progress to ship sometime in the 2008 fiscal year which begins in April of 2007.

6. Quake Wars is still set for June. They didn't push it back till fall because it is going to be a DX 9 game, so they didn't have to change things. They're just optimizing and balancing it. It looks really nice too. Plus, it will be in their best interest to release the game during the summer months, esp. with school being out and no big releases to compete with. not saying that it couldn't hold its own, but there is going to be lots of competition during the fall.

There is a write-up here:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/images/QuakeWars%20Online.pdf

7. Weeman and ElCapitan(or anyone else) ,

If you guys are still into BF 2142 , there is a tournament at total gaming league. Prizes aren't anything great, but it could be lots of fun. Destro777 and I are trying to pull some people from our clans together to play in this thing, so if you're interested go to http://www.totalgamingleague.com

Our clan name is NeN_Cobra password is 2142 . We could definitely use anyone's help!

8. After the debacle that was BF 2 and the complete crapiness of the BF 2142 demo, I never bothered with the retail version of BF 2142, so sorry, I can't be of help.

Once ET:QW comes out though, I'll definitely hit you guys up for some games.

9. With everything decent coming to the 360, what's the point?

10. No problem. We'll defintely be into Quake Wars when it comes out, along with pretty much everything else this fall.

If you can pick up 2142 on the cheap, I recommend it. We all went through alot with EA's shittiness with BF 2 and early on in 2142, but they got 2142 running very well. There isn't NEARLY as many problems, esp with weapon balancing , as there was with BF2. Game loads alot faster and the ingame buddies list and VOIP is decent. The game is definitely centralized on infantry combat and not cheesy planes bombing you over and over again.

What are you playing nowadays, anyway?