Page 1258 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 124412541256125712581259126012621272 ... LastLast
Results 12,571 to 12,580 of 12812

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. Maybe it doesn't rely on any string in the title and has no metadata associated with it

So it's a game for nobody

2. Their recommendation system does suck.

Is anyone else trying to collect all these dumb stickers?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Is anyone else trying to collect all these dumb stickers?
    I've been clicking around for them but I don't feel like I actually care whatsoever how many I get or don't get.

4. Unless I can sell them for real money, I don't see the point.

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    In my consoleman brain, native controller support signifies that reaction-based movement might be important. I'd prefer ARPGs that skew more towards recent Ys games than Torchlight. Something like the new Gauntlet game, but with a deeper skill tree. ... (Demon Stone, Champions of Norrath, D&D Heroes, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, etc.)
    For anyone else interested in games like this, Xanadu Next is scratching that itch quite nicely. It's ten years old and a Falcom game, so it's...shaggy (why do I have to enter town, go to the hotel, go up the stairs, into a room, talk to an NPC, and pick the second option down to rest every time? Just refill my HP/MP as soon as I make it back to town), but the skill system is engaging and the economy well-balanced. Excellent game.

n00b question: What's a good, nonintrusive app or program for monitoring GPU/CPU temp? Even when playing old junk like this, my Surface Book gets pretty hot. Thin little laptops like this just don't breathe well--I want to make sure I'm not boiling anything.

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    n00b question: What's a good, nonintrusive app or program for monitoring GPU/CPU temp? Even when playing old junk like this, my Surface Book gets pretty hot. Thin little laptops like this just don't breathe well--I want to make sure I'm not boiling anything.
    http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

7. yes a wise idea, considering those machines are "glue filled monstrosities"

e: and on the subject why is every brand removing user-accessible upgrade panels from laptops from the mid-range stuff? been looking at replacements for my 2012 asus because it's about ready to fly apart at the seams, and every laptop I look at doesn't have removable panels to upgrade the disk or memory so I can't transplant my 1tb laptop drive or re-use my ddr3l ram if I go with some older hardware
    Last edited by cka; 01 Jul 2017 at 04:58 PM.

because laptop buyers are stupid and someone saved a nickle.

Not you specifically. But that is the assumption.

9. Nah, you're right. A perfect storm of rebates, a sale, and MS clearing out the model I bought made the SB tough to resist. I needed a thin work laptop with a touch screen. That I can also do some light gaming with this thing is gravy.

10. I use a Surface Book Pro for Air Magnet wireless surveys. It's much lighter than using a laptop, and I can use the touch screen to tell the software where I am on the floor. My company started doing the surveys with a large touch screen laptop, and I told them that a Surface Book Pro was the only way to go with this kind of work.