Page 1271 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 12571267126912701271127212731275 ... LastLast
Results 12,701 to 12,710 of 12812

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. Also, Nvidia's online store has 10 Series cards that are being sold for MSRP with no markups (limit of 2 per customer). The 1080 is just $550, & the 1080 Ti is $700. Not bad.

2. Overload has finally been released.

It's the sequel to Descent in all but name, by the original team. After the disappointing liscensed sequel Descent Underground, this game has been shaping up to be the real deal. I played some of the Early Access (though not too much so as not to spoil it), and it's a dead-ass copy of everything that made the original games great. It doesn't really do anything new or fresh, but it's a great throwback.

3. VR support?

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    VR support?
    Yeah. In the older Early Access versions I played it was pretty bad, though apparently it has improved since then. I'll post some impressions of the final later when I get home. As it stood last year it had performance issues that made it too demanding for me to really enjoy in VR (not to mention no cockpit view back then, which made it really intense).
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 31 May 2018 at 10:46 AM.

5. awesome, gonna try this tonight

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Yeah. In the older Early Access versions I played it was pretty bad, though apparently it has improved since then. I'll post some impressions of the final later when I get home. As it stood last year it had performance issues that made it too demanding for me to really enjoy in VR (not to mention no cockpit view back then, which made it really intense).
    So just to follow up on this, it still has performance issues in VR, even on the lowest settings. I have a GeForce 1060 and a 4.7Ghz 8600k, so YMMV. Running in SteamVR instead of Oculus seems to help. It does have a nice cockpit view now, which I appreciate. It's still probably going to make anyone even slightly prone to VR sickness barf, though, just because it's a 6DOF in close quarters. So I don't really recommend getting it just for the VR.

The game itself is really, really good though. It looks and feels great, they've added a bit of story that even unfolds in the stages through radio chatter, but it's all unmistakably Descent. Usually you'd expect a spiritual sequel to a 20+ year old game to feel pretty different, but this flat-out is Descent 4.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 31 May 2018 at 09:17 PM.

7. Intel is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the 8086 processor with the release of the 8086k.

http://www.hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/1...ine-retailers/

Back in mid-April we got the first whiff of some heady rumours regarding a 40th Anniversary Core i7-8086K CPU on the way from Intel. Of course, you can tell from the name, it would be commemorating the milestone that was the Intel 8086, the first Intel x86 microprocessor. Today those initial gaseous rumours appear to have formed a precipitate, and we can report that a number of online retailers have (accidentally?) listed a few details about this upcoming commemorative computer product.

Not that much is known for sure at this point in time but the previous rumours suggested that this anniversary processor release would feature the beefy specs as outlined below:

14nm Coffee Lake-S architecture with LGA 1151 socket
    6 Cores / 12 Threads
    Base / Boost of 4.00GHz / 5.10GHz, Unlocked
    L3 cache size: 12MB
    On board graphics: UHD630
    95W TDP
    In the retail listings you can see that some of these specs are 'confirmed'. However, the boost speed appears to be 5.00GHz out of the box, rather than 5.10GHz indicated above. Of course it is still an unlocked, overclockable processor as evidenced by its 'K' suffix.

But can I use it to play David's Kong or Below the Root?

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Intel is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the 8086 processor with the release of the 8086k.

http://www.hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/1...ine-retailers/
    So basically it's the exact some chip as the 8700k, but "clocked higher," even though they're both unlocked chips and can be clocked at whatever you want?

10. Possibly binned?