Page 1034 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 102010301032103310341035103610381048 ... LastLast
Results 10,331 to 10,340 of 12812

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. Nvidia put new drivers up.

2. I wouldn't call PhysX a game changer, but it's pretty nice and shows up in a lot of games I play. I would definitely notice it gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Nvidia put new drivers up.
    Do people not use GeForce Experience to automatically handle this?

4. I don't.

5. I do use GeForce Experience but I've been meaning to uninstall it. Since it doesn't run properly with administrator privileges I have to go to the website to download and install new drivers and if it has an update for itself I have to shut it down and separately download and install it. I'm not saying it's as bad as Catalyst but it's definitely just a bloated way of telling me a new driver has been released.

Also pretty sure I've removed it before when trimming my bootup programs but it managed to weasel its way back in there somehow.

6. GeForce Experience is great. Why not use it?

7. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm View Post
    I never had a problem with Catalyst drivers myself. My last few cards have been Radeons and my current card is a Radeon 7850. It has served me well outside of not being able to see "physx" stuff and other exclusive money hatted effects. That being said that new card for 300 bucks looks neat but I'm not sure what kind of performance boost I would get considering I game on a 1080p screen.
    Catalyst just has a bunch of little frustrations that all add up to a subpar experience for me. For instance, you can't change the way non-native resolutions are scaled unless you're actually at that resolution. The options for overriding game settings are also much more limited than in Nvidia Control Panel. Basic things like triple buffering and dynamic vsync are not present.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I do use GeForce Experience but I've been meaning to uninstall it. Since it doesn't run properly with administrator privileges I have to go to the website to download and install new drivers and if it has an update for itself I have to shut it down and separately download and install it. I'm not saying it's as bad as Catalyst but it's definitely just a bloated way of telling me a new driver has been released.

Also pretty sure I've removed it before when trimming my bootup programs but it managed to weasel its way back in there somehow.
    I tried GeForce Experience for game optimization but that was a waste of time. Nvidia's optimization priorities are clearly very different than mine. Nvidia seems to try setting games to look as good as they can while running at around 30 fps. I prefer lowering detail until I hit a solid 60. It also really liked scanning my game directories frequently, regardless of any attempts I made to disable that, and bringing my computer to a grinding halt when it did so.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    I tried GeForce Experience for game optimization but that was a waste of time. Nvidia's optimization priorities are clearly very different than mine. Nvidia seems to try setting games to look as good as they can while running at around 30 fps.
    For me it's the other way around, where even stuff I'm running between 60-90fps it wants to lower options for no reason whatsoever. It's a good idea of a program but it needs some work.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Do people not use GeForce Experience to automatically handle this?
    No. Sometimes I don't want to download a beta driver and I'll wait until a driver is WHQL.

It has that option built in...