Page 1278 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 1264127412761277127812791280 ... LastLast
Results 12,771 to 12,780 of 12812

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I think it's really meant to be combined with DLSS. 1080p native, and then DLSS to get to 4K. DLSS is something of a game changer in that regard.
    It’s a more efficient way of doing AA and AF. It wouldn’t alleviate the burden of 4K textures. It’s like running those on low and getting ultra results.
    Last edited by gamevet; 16 Nov 2018 at 09:28 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It’s a more efficient way of doing AA and AF.
    Sorry, I guess in the context I'm using it, they call it "AI Super Res." DLSS is a related application of the engine for the purpose of antialiasing.

But essentially it can take a 2K image and turn it into a 4K image convincingly enough that you're unlikely to be able to tell the difference in most situations.

Click for full size

And obviously that's blown way up from the sorts of images you'd normally be looking about. When you're talking about the pixel size of a 1080p image on a monitor (or even a TV if you're sitting a few feet away) it seems pretty squarely "good enough," and opens up a ton of overhead for advanced rendering like ray tracing.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 16 Nov 2018 at 10:19 AM.

3. It’s like SMAA, where it takes a 1080p image, renders it in a higher resolution and then downscales it to 1080p. It’s less taxing than SMAA, because it uses some kind of predictive calculations to reduce rendering overhead.

4. I understand, but that algorithm can also be used to scale an image from 1080p to 4K and simply display it at 4K, as in the above image. I mistakenly used DLSS to refer to this feature, but it is still a related feature that these cards do.

5. I’m gonna have to watch that Digital Foundry video again. I do recall something about that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    I am very tempted to pick up an rx580 over the next week.

7. Y'all need to up your game like Post Malone. Who thinks this computer will either be destroyed in 2 years, or get played with for about a month and collect dust?

8. That guy looks like he fell asleep at a party with sharpie markers nearby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. He looked baked the 1st time he was on the show. I don’t know why anyone would want a tattoo on their face.

That is a sick PC.

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    That guy looks like he fell asleep at a party with sharpie markers nearby.
    "Detention desk face" as my girlfriend calls them.