Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 810111213 LastLast

Thread: The Punk Thread Ver 7.0: Old Favorites & Fresh Blood?

1. Against the grain.

Stranger than fiction.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. That's about right. I'd throw Empire Strikes First in there as well.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I ended up getting a bunch of Bad Religion's early stuff for $3 and $4 a piece thanks to CDs not really being in demand anymore. So far I'd rank them:

No Control
    Suffer
    Against the Grain
    Generator
    80-85

It seems like they tend to have 3 or 4 really good songs per album, then the rest of the songs are just kind of OK and interchangeable.

I think I'm set for now. I may pick up some more of their '90s stuff later.

4. Get Stranger Than Fiction.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

5. Generator is definitely growing on me. I like that they tried to do more than simply bang out the same d-beat songs with standard punk chords that make up all the previous albums. There was a legitimate attempt here to try some different beats and tempos, plus there is a lot more dissonance in the guitar playing.

6. I'm just going to dump this here.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. LOL shameless self-promotion ^^

I'm really into Modern Baseball. They say they're emo. Whatever, I like it.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. The new Discharge album is good but nothing revolutionary:

They'll be out touring America later this year:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	discharge-2016-tour.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	649.2 KB 
ID:	79148
    Last edited by jyoung; 13 Jul 2016 at 11:49 PM.

9. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. For those that enjoyed the styling a of Zeke there is a band in this town right now called Acid Teeth that fucking rules.