Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: The Punk Thread Ver 7.0: Old Favorites & Fresh Blood?

1. The Uniform? Are they a Japanese band then? Vinyl can be a little tough to find, I know of one store in the city that carries vinyl. I can check them out the next time I hit the city.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

By later tonight I'll let you know what label they did recordings on, which may aid in your search.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I also have recently ripped a shitload of 7" records from back in the back in the.

Ryan: swing by one of these days and I'll burn you a copy. These ones aren't for the internet, yet.
    FUCKING RAD!!!! Do you have Picnic with your Mom? What are you doing tonight? I can stop by after band practice to pick up a CD, if that's cool.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

I have a Tai Chi class. I'll stick a CD in the drain pipe next to my door.

Actually, I'll stick a DVD full of wav files in the drain pipe and you can burn your own CD(s).

5. Thanks. I'll have to go to my parents house to burn the CD's then. The Company laptop doesn't have such capabilities.

I'm excited!!!
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

Call or text me before you come over so I can tell you if i forgot or not.

And bbobb... I meant "THE URCHIN" I got my awesome bands that did a split 7" with awesome Baltimore bands confused.

8. HAY I like the Sex Pistols. Great album for one thing and they're really no more contrived than the likes of the Velvet Underground which pretty much everybody seems to think is special.

Anyway, I was only four when they were hittin and I never heard them til I was like 17. I also never bought the clothes or even went to that store and now that it's 2008 I think it's well within the bounds of uptight punky political correctness to like the Pistols.

Furthermore I think it's safe to say that very few people in music besides the label moneysharks took them seriously while they were an entity. Their influence outside of fashion is pretty minimal. Most people influenced by English punkers would claim the Damned or Clash long before they made it to the Pistols.

9. I never knew this.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I never knew this.

The Matches are featured in this song...

AND The Matches are NOT punk rock.