Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 57891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Punk Thread Ver 7.0: Old Favorites & Fresh Blood?

What I'm getting at is there would be no Hot Topic without the embarrassing British punk scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The only good thing that came out of the British punk scene was the Clash.
    Secure that shit, Hudson. There's plenty of good punk from that side of the pond. The two best albums of all fucking time are both by British punk bands. How many times do we have to go over this shit?
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

Let's go over it again. I dare you to find a better punk rock album than Rocket to Russia. Or a more important punk album than the self titled release.

There is only one band that matters... and they sure as shit aren't from England.

4. The Misfits are from Jersey.

I've got something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Let's go over it again. I dare you to find a better punk rock album than Rocket to Russia.
    You don't have to look far, as Leave Home is a (slightly) better album. However, in terms of non-Ramones and particularly Brit stuff, Pink Flag by Wire.
    Or a more important punk album than the self titled release.
    This is a little tougher. While I'd say Raw Power and Young, Loud, & Snotty are about as important, very little from Britain is in terms of overall impact on music at large. In terms of changing punk itself into something dangerous and crusty, however, most of that came from England.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

Leave Home has better stand out songs, but I think Rocket to Russia is a better album.

There is nothing dangerous about dyeing your hair pink and sewing a patch on your ass.

8. Hey dude, I killed your baby today.

Oh. Well, it doesn't matter much to me... as long as it's dead.

10. Oh yeah? I also raped your mother today.