Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mushi-Shi

1. Mushi-Shi

Everyone on TNL that has ever watched and enjoyed an anime series needs to watch Mushi-Shi:

It's possibly the most artistic series ever made and it's ranked fifth of all time at ANN; behind only greats like Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, Samurai X and Spirited Away.

From Anime News Network:

Quote Originally Posted by ANN
    They are neither plants nor animals. They differ from other forms of life such as the micro-organisms and the fungi. Instead they resemble the primeval body of life and are generally known as "Mushi". Their existence and appearance are unknown to many and only a limited number of humans are aware of them. Ginko is a "Mushi-shi" who travels around to investigate and find out more about the "Mushi". In the process, he also lends a helping hand to people who face problems with supernatural occurances which may be related to the "Mushi".

Scourge found a every episode listed on Veoh so even if you hate torrents and don't buy DVDs there's a way to watch this amazing series.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mushishi2504LG.jpg 
Views:	20640 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	32223  

2. Next time I'm in an anime watching mood I'll give this a shot.

3. I watching the final volume now.

It's amazing and you should all kill yourselves for missing out on this.

4. I picked up Volume 1 the other day with Galaxia bumming around Best Buy. Saving it for when I get the new TV in, but I remember seeing a screener of this a while back at a con, I believe. Yeah, it seems like it's gonna rock, and reminds me of Kino's Journey (the art, anyway)

5. Finished this up several months back. This shit was dope, loved the atmosphere and the containerized episodes. Also really dug the soundtrack which reminded me of an interior Japanese traditional theme. I wish the ending episode or 2 went in a different direction, but overall A+
    definitely one of my fave series ever

6. This sounded pretty lame, but if TNL says it's good then I'll check it out. Good thing it's on VEOH.

Off Topic: DLing off of Veoh is pretty underrated they have good quality downloads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

7. Quote Originally Posted by not Anal Kaboom View Post
    This sounded pretty lame, but if TNL says it's good then I'll check it out. Good thing it's on VEOH.

Off Topic: DLing off of Veoh is pretty underrated they have good quality downloads.
    its very mellow and not a lot of action, with more emphasis on the story without getting too deep

it reminded me of a subtle twilight zone atmosphere, with just a very dark overtone throughout

best thing is since its episodes are containerized, you can get an idea if you want to finish the series afte watching just a couple

8. Watched the first disc and could not find a single thing wrong with it. This is shaping towards best anime of the decade good, anyone who hasn't seen it needs to.

p.s. That last part is not a request, it's a command.

9. I randomly decided to pop in the first disk today and I went straight through the first 3 before I realized what happened.

So fucking good.