Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Note

1. Death Note

I figured it was time this got a thread, I love the series and have for some time now. It's been the best new series in a long long time for me, the last three volumes are kind of crummy but as a whole it's great. Especially volumes 1-4 and 8-9, the none stop one upping is always exciting. Anyone else watching or reading this right now?

2. I thought we'd had threads on this.

I really, really liked the first part, but then it was just more of the same and there was no way they could pull off an ending to top some of the stuff along the way. Overall I liked it, but I was well ready for it to end by the time it did. I'd recommend it, definitely.

The animated series is a really good adaptation, too. I haven't watched it since the first 5 or so episodes but what I saw was spot on faithful and the visual quality was top tier. I never finished the live action movie, though, it was so boring.

3. Great manga, up till the last part.

Once L dies it's pretty much complete and utter shit from that point forward

The Anime has been good so far, although I'm curious if they're going to continue the straight adaptation for the later books too, it's only supposed to be 37 episodes and they're already on ep. 20 so I'm not sure how they'll be able to do it.

The Live Action Movies are pretty good too. I've only watched the first one so far but I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing the second one soon.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Even after volume 7 I think it's really strong, volume ten is where it turns to shit. The volumes that introduce mello and near are fantastic, mello really stole the show in those two. Which is most likley why the last 3 are so focused on near, problem is near wasn't as cool as L or mello.

5. Meh, they were allright, honestly it really was a downward spiral from that point. Mello and Near were allright, but just not as good. The Light vs. L battle was what made the series so great.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. The Light vs. L battle was what made the series so great.
    Agreed

7. I've currently picked up on Death Note. I'm enjoying what I've seen so far (Light vs L).
    -Myk

8. What volume are you on?

9. I read the wikipedia article on this and it seemed pretty cool i've been wanting to get into but should i start with the anime or manga?
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

10. I'm currently watching the anime (ep 12 or 13). I haven't picked up the manga yet, but I'm sure I will eventually(need monies).
    -Myk