Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 414161718

Thread: Your top 25 games of all time

1. I really feel like there should always be two, distinct lists.

- One ranking the best games based on how good they were when they were released.

- One ranking the best games based on how good they all are now, as if they were to be played for the first time today.

Both lists would of course be very different, and both methods have an equal level of relevance in their own ways.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

2. Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach View Post
    Super Mario Bros. was huge for me back in the day... But today? I would never play it again.
    Why? For me the only reason to not play SMB anymore is that I've played it so much I'm sick to death of it. Nothing about the game itself has really aged poorly. It's still a stellar platformer with excellent controls and level design. SMB is a truly genius game.

3. Dreamcast

Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    Return Fire (3DO)
    Day One purchase if this ever got transferred to XBLA. Best game soundtrack ever.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

4. ok.....

1:Battlefield series(PC)- Multiplayer at its very best. When you have your clan and a good commander, its as good as multiplayer gets.

2:Mike Tyson's Punchout- When I was a kid, EVERYONE had Punch Out and we all went through it together. Swapping tactics during school recess is still a fun gaming memory.

3:Street Fighter(series)-Getting my drivers liscense meant that my friends and I could travel to arcades looking for comp. I have lots of great memories playing Street Fighter. I'm not insanely good at it, but being tops among my street fightin' friends is better than anything.

4:Unreal Tournament (series)- LSD and Ut 99 went hand in hand for me. It was the first game that REALLY made me appreciate how immersive FPS's could be. Oh, and its great without drugs too. Lan parties with (( and 2004 were great experiencesfor us, till I got too good, anyway...

5: Super Castlevania 4- I know there are better games in the series, but there is something about 4's music that really does the trick for me. The whip mechanic was awesome as well. Just an all around winner.

6:Ghouls n Ghosts- Pretty much the same as Castlevania 4. It is the complete package. Broke a controller and my granma's house trying to beat this one, which I did. I've played through it so many times since, its a breeze for me now. Ultimate for the PSP couldn't shine its shoes.

7: Thunderforce 4(Lightning Force)- Still my favorite shooter on the Genny. Liked this one slightly more that 3.

8: NHL Hockey (series)-Nothing is quite as fun as telling your best friend to take it because you scored a cheap goal with less than a minute to go for the win. That usually ended in violence, though

9: Metroid- This was the first game that actually made me feel isolated and oppressed. I know it sounds silly, but the music and the atmosphere really did something to me. I still hum the music of the original. Super Metroid is close to this, but I'm actually playing through it now for the first time. Why aren't games like this anymore?

10:The Immortal- Weird pick , but this game was really cool, at least for the Genesis. Very gory game that went under most people's radars. Hard as hell sometimes and frustrating, but finally beating it was a good memory

I know thats only 10 but I'm sleepy....zzzzzzz
    Last edited by Changeling; 19 Aug 2007 at 06:06 PM.

5. As of 19 August 2007:

Time Crisis 3 & 4
    Thunder Force IV
    Streets of Rage 2
    Bare Knuckle 3 (The soundtrack gets too much shit, IMO- it may be different, but it's still great. I say BK3 instead of SoR3 here because of all the bastardizations done to the US version.)
    Border Down
    RayForce
    Ketsui ~ kizuna jigokutachi
    Darius Gaiden
    Elevator Action 2
    Quartet (While your life meter ticks away Gauntlet style, you need one more hit to be done in- somewhat like Vanish in Senko no Ronde)
    Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
    Space Megaforce (Super Aleste)
    The Ninja Warriors
    Rolling Thunder 2
    F.E.A.R.
    Galaxy Force II (arcade & PS2 versions only)
    Battle Gear 3
    Kenseiden
    Crisis Zone (both PS2 & arcade versions, both slightly different since PS2 does have some gameplay changes- bosses take more damage, combos are more important for scoring than time, and the Crisis Sightings are quicker & more frequent)
    Pop'n Pop (Blows away Bust-A-Move series, why this one didn't get a sequel and BAM got so many- who knows)
    Chaos Heat (This one really deserved to be ported to PS2 and given improved graphics, like Tekken Tag and TC2)

6. INPO

1.) King of Fighters 98'
    2.) Street Fighter Alpha 2
    3.) Radiant Silvergun
    4.) King of Fighters 94'
    5.) King of Fighters 95'
    6.) Metal Warriors (SNES)
    7.) Mega Man 2
    8.) Guardian Heroes
    9.) Street Fighter II: Turbo
    10.) Mega Man X
    11.) Mega Man X4
    12.) Journey to Silius
    13.) Thunderforce V
    14.) Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact
    15.) Super Contra IV
    16.) Double Dragon II
    17.) Super Metroid
    18.) Mortal Kombat II
    19.) Killer Instinct
    20.) Thunderforce IV
    21.) Darkstalkers: Night Warriors
    22.) World Heroes 2
    23.) Vandal Hearts
    24.) Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
    25.) Gradius V

7. Interesting that you put 2nd impact instead of 3rd strike.

8. I've always liked 2nd Impact more than 3rd Strike, if not for atmosphere and presentation alone. It's more fun to me.

9. I agree. 2i is a bit broken and very unbalanced, but for some reason it's just more fun. I love 2i Hugo.

Nice to see some KOF94 loving too. Love that game.