Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guxt

1. Guxt

via duckroll @ gaf

http://homepage2.nifty.com/rochet/storage/guxt_0800.zip

Guxt, a new shooter by the Cave Story guy.

No bombs, big hitbox, plenty of enemies coming from the bottom with minimal warning. It's not bad, though I can't say I like the way it looks.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    No bombs, big hitbox, plenty of enemies coming from the bottom with minimal warning
    Between this and the screens, I can't find a compelling reason to try this out.

3. Ti calculator port pls.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    Between this and the screens, I can't find a compelling reason to try this out.
    It's 250k and free. Do you really need a reason?

I actually quite like the look of it. Gameplay-wise it seems okay from briefly playing it but I would rather Pixel spend his time doing another platform-ish game. There are already plenty of freeware shooter developers. I hope he delivers another Cave Story quality game eventually.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It's 250k and free. Do you really need a reason?
    They could pay me to play it and I still would probably not take this over the Touhou Project games that are already sitting on my hard drive.

Like NZe said, there's already a ton of quality independent shooters out there, and a lot of them don't look like Game Boy games. More platform games pls.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    They could pay me to play it and I still would probably not take this over the Touhou Project games that are already sitting on my hard drive.
    Who asked you to take this over another game?

And dont be silly. If I said I'd send you 5 dollars to try this game, dont act like you'd say no.

8. Between this and the screens, I can't find a compelling reason to try this out.
    No bombs and big hitbox can be cool. Bottom of the screen stuff blows though.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
    Who asked you to take this over another game?
    Any time spent playing this game is time not spent playing another one.
    And dont be silly. If I said I'd send you 5 dollars to try this game, dont act like you'd say no.
    ok so like from now on hyperbole is banned from the internet seriously guys stop being silly lets get real here !!!!

10. I love it. Thanks for pointing it out.
    How did you hear about this?