Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1525272829

Thread: The Princess and the Frog

1. You should cussing take him to see that Fantasting Mr. Fox. That is not a girl's movie.
    Donk

Finch, did you come into this thread and cuss? Well cuss you, you little cuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I guess I'm going to be the odd man out here. I saw it tonight and I thought it was alright but I wasn't blown away by it or anything. I honestly thought some of the secondary characters were a lot more interesting than Tianna and the Prince. Ray, Charlotte and The Shadowman were all awesome, and felt so much richer to me. I just felt like the Prince and Tianna were very flat. I also thought there were too many songs, it almost seemed like every character had a song to sing for no reason. I like musicals but I like musicals where they transition into the song with a nice flow. A lot of times I felt like the songs came out of no where.

Like I said I thought it was alright just nothing great or wow. Don't get me wrong the animation was awesome, just the story and the main characters felt weak.
    While I did very much enjoy it, I also was not blown away or anything. I just came out with a smile and had a great time, which was surprising as I thought it was going to be shit.

The side characters definitely were the highlight, but I think most Disney cartoons are like that. The main characters are a bit ordinary and ho-hum, while the little mascot characters are crazy and silly. I did like the prince a lot in this one, however. He was a lot more entertaining than, say, Aladdin or the dude from Sleeping Beauty.

There were a bit too many songs, but it didn't bother me quite a much as some other recent Disney movies. I could have done without the cheesy last one, though.

And, yeah, Charlotte was amazing. Such an awesome character.
    Last edited by Aurora; 16 Dec 2009 at 01:12 PM.
    I took all your French Toast.

So I guess it's better than The Jungle Book.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. I kinda want to see it again.

In contrast I watched UP twice in theaters, Wall-E twice and Incredibles three times. So it's good - not my favorite animated movie but Pretty Damn Good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    So I guess it's better than The Jungle Book.
    No. It's not. Nothing is better than The Jungle Book, EVER.
    Donk

I WANNA BE LIKE YOUuUuuU