Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SNK artist query

1. SNK artist query

I was looking at the front cover of a magazine the other day and it got me wondering. Does anyone know what the name is of the guy who does the SNK game artwork (you know, the really lifelike art work)? I know I've heard it somewhere before but I can't remember for the life of me.
    Strength of the Fuzz!!!

2. Some one here knows... I would if I really wanted to remember that kind of stuff...

Anyway, ruhztee? Some one?

3. That'd be Shinkiro. The guy's amazing.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. His name's Shinkirou, and I assume he's working for Capcom now, as he's done some art for them since SNK's demise.

5. Originally posted by jiji
    His name's Shinkirou, and I assume he's working for Capcom now, as he's done some art for them since SNK's demise.
    Apparently, he is, seeing how he has done the artwork for Final Fight One, Dino Stalker and Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts R.

6. does anyone know what techniques he uses

to me they look like airbrushing but could be something else

7. The more anime-like artwork that SNK has used lately (such as that seen in KOF 2001) is by Tonko. Shinkiro is great, but Tonko is every bit as good in my opinion- just a different style.

8. Did Tonko do Garou and Last Blade 2? If so, yipee!! Otherwise, I'm disappointed - KoF 2001's art isn't lookin as good as other SNK efforts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

9. Isn't KoF2001 some one totally different?

10. Ahh Shinkiro.....I remember now! Thanks for giving my memory a jog there. I knew that he must have done the art to Final Fight One but I didn't know he was doing Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts R. Hmmm I might have to have a look at that one. KoF2001 and Metal Slug 4 art didn't really bowl me over, however the art for Rage of the Dragons did. There are some really nice character designs for that one.
    Strength of the Fuzz!!!