Thread: House Network Fixing

1. House Network Fixing

here's my house setup
    Cable modem ---> Telephone/Router -----> Wireless Router (dchp off)

I can't get good torrent downloads off this setup through the wireless router. How do I do this proper?

2. I don't understand your setup... you have a cable modem and two routers chained together? What does "Telephone/Router" mean?

Aside from that, did you open up the ports your BT client needs? Which client are you using?

3. Yeah the telephone/router thing is weird. And why not just get a single router that does both wired and wireless to make things less complicated?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

4. The telephone/router is a vonage VOIP phone deal. Basicly I had the wireless router before, and got the VOIP router free with the phone service. It serves the household as we had 3 wired computers in different rooms and the extra router was good for dividing a line between two adjacent rooms. But my dad got a wireless laptop and stopped using his wired computer and my brother moved out, so we've got the existing setup, but no need for a wired household atm, yet still need the phone services from vonage.

5. Have you forwarded the appropriate ports through the wireless router for BitTorrent?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

6. Umm, assuming your wireless router is also a wired router, you could try enabling its dhcp server and setting it up like
    Cable modem --> Wireless Router (dchp on) --> Telephone/Router(dchp off)

I don't understand why the vonage thing wouldn't have wi-fi anyway, or why they wouldn't just set you up with a proper ethernet phone instead some wonky digital -> analog phone box.

7. was forwarded to the wrong ip on the 2nd router. i'm retarded.

noob.

9. daisy chains suck. Fiber to the home, bitches.