Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Touch

1. Maru's back!

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Dokaben's all baseball, all the time, but it's so freaking good even in j language.
    I love Dokaben, even the judo portion in the beginning. Mizushima Shinji is one of my favorite artists and if I could ever find copies of the original YakyuuKyo no Uta manga I'd be... pretty happy. I think half of the manga I pick up are old sports series, actually. Never really thought about it, but yeah.

3. I should've known that if anyone here knew about Dokaben, it'd be you. I didn't realize it until just a few minutes ago, but i'm not even reading the original series. It's Dokaben Pro Yakyu-hen that i've got, which, whatevs, seems to still be pretty solid stuff.
    Next time i'm out there, i'll see if they have anything else by Mizushima Shinji.
    Donk

4. Quote Originally Posted by maruchan View Post
    you kbnow theres a touch movie too, its kinda of cool

dont watch it if you want to see the what happens in the end of the show..

There are three animated Touch movies. The first one covers the first third of the series, the second the second third and so on. Then there are two tv specials from the late '90's. Then a live action movie from 2005.

5. I'm about 35 episodes into this and just wanted to chime in that I'm really digging it. Tatsuya's an ass, of course, like any other male protagonist in a relationship show. There's been more sports than I expected, but I've actually enjoyed it! They don't Slam Dunk drag that crap out. The longest a game has gone is I think there was one big game that took two episodes (with a killer cliffhanger in the middle). I read the one big spoiler up there, so I kind of wish I was able to see the end of the first part without knowing ahead the ending, heh. I noticed they were foreshadowing the event throughout the season, though. I'm a little apprehensive to see new characters come in but I've loved the show so far and I'm gonna keep on going through. It takes me back. Good feelings.

I need to find that My Girl song as soon as possible.

6. Glad you're liking it Dunlap.

While it's weird to see new characters appear (like that dude that seems to have a crush on Yatsuya), it's still nice to see Yatsuya and Minami as they try to figure out what to do with their lives.

Harada is probably my favorite character, except maybe Minami.