Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant-Man

1. Ant-Man

From SuperHeroHype:
    Edgar Wright on Directing Ant-Man
    Source: Moviehole
    March 14, 2007

Moviehole talked to Hot Fuzz co-writer/director Edgar Wright, who spoke briefly about Ant-Man. Here are several clips:

Researching "Ant-Man"?
    Obviously I can't interview anyone that's got shrinking serum, [but] in terms of who the characters are though – yeah. Nanotechnology and all that. We have done a bit of research on it, yeah – and will continue to do so. It's great. It's really fascinating.

Were you a fan of the "Ant-Man" stuff?
    I did read a bit of "The Avengers" as a kid, and I especially liked the Scott Lang character – by David Michelinie and John Byrne - and, of course, the imagery. I think "Ant Man" is one of those characters that the writers got bored with after about ten or fifteen issues so they'd go "What do we do now? – Hey, lets make him Giant-Man!" Then he became Yellowjacket… and the character changed… its interesting, he seems sort of like the run-of-the-litter in the comics world, and that's exactly what appeals to me [about it]. On top of that, the visuals of him could be absolutely extraordinary. I really like the idea of doing an action film with a miniature element to it. Most 'Shrinking' films are about people being scared of Shrinking – "Incredible Shrinking Man", "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" – this is a film about how 'Cool' it would be to have that power, ya know?

Where's it at at the moment?
    It's very early days; that’s something that I was involved with even before "Shaun of the Dead."

Visit the link above for the full interview!
    So they've got one of the guys behind Shawn of the Dead on this... so I guess that means they're taking this one in a more comedic direction than your typical 00's superhero movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Come on, fucking Ant-Man? What's next, a Squrrel-Girl movie?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Come on, fucking Ant-Man? What's next, a Squrrel-Girl movie?
    This movie will suck tremendous ass. He's not interesting even when he has the avengers to back him up.

4. If it's a comedy they should pair him up with that one Avenger that grew real big. Goliath or whatever his name was. Think of all the zany situations big guy and little guy could get into! HAHA!

Now that I think of it, weren't Ant-Man and Goliath both the same guy (Hank Pym)?

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Yes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zomg.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	23089  

6. I predict that nothing will ever actually come of this.

7. Probably (hopefully) not.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    What's next, a Squrrel-Girl movie?
    I'd watch a Squirrel Girl movie.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gla3.jpg 
Views:	659 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	23095  
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Probably (hopefully) not.
    To be fair, of course, Blade was a more obscure character than Ant-man.

10. I think the current Ant-man comic is actually pretty good.