Thread: A Tree of Palme

1. A Tree of Palme

Source

Plot Summary: Palme is a puppet created by a man to care for his sickly wife. After her death Palme becomes paralyzed with sorrow, that is, until a woman being pursed happens to cross paths with Palme and his creator and ask them to deliver something precious to a sacred place called Tama. Palme, mistaking her for his masters late wife, accepts the request. This becomes his first step to becoming more human in order to understand his own feelings.

I can't really tell if this looks good; has anyone seen the full thing? I'm wondering whether or not to pick it up.

2. i have it, its ok, worth a rental but not 15-20 bucks

kinda slow and boring

3. The animation is nice. It's not that it's slow, it's that it jumps around and it seems like huge chunks were taken out of the story. It's stated that the movie was originally supposed to be a 20-something episode series, but in the end they had to make it a movie for whatever reason. I wouldn't get it unless it was for cheaps and you're a fan of animation.
    Donk

4. if you're lucky and your Best Buy still carries it (which is really doubtful), you can get it on the mad cheap.

and i saw this some years back at the last Big Apple Anime Fest here in NYC. it's good, not great, looks nice, but it's also slow and somewhat boring. if what Finch said was true and that chunks were taken out, then i can understand why it's the way it is because by the end of it i didn't really know what was going on. also, i might've fallen asleep during it because it felt like it took forever to finish.

definitely agree with Finch about only getting it cheap and if you're a fan of animation.

5. It's worth a rent but I wouldn't bother buying because it's not something most people would ever watch more then once. Design wise I thought they did a good job, but the story was just kind of meh.