Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sketching at Work

1. Sketching at Work

Right now I'm going through 6 weeks of training at some shitty tech support job. The pace is the class is absurdly slow, so I spend a lot of my downtime sketching. Going through the tattered OfficeMax brand notepad they give us, I picked out some of my favorites.

I cleaned them up a bit, since the paper had blue lines on it and was usually all wrinkled from wear, and had actual (gasp!) notes around all the drawings. Any of the sketches that have two vertical lines through them were drawn over the red lines on the pad.

Half or so were drawn with the cheap-o blue Bic pen they give us, the rest with mechanical pencil.

UPDATE: Well, I finally quit that job. It was the tuberculosis outbreak that finally pushed me over the edge. Couldn't sketch so much as soon as I got on the lines, but here's what I salvaged from my illustrious stay there.

NEW Full Size

NEW Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size
    Last edited by FuryFox; 01 May 2007 at 01:56 PM.

2. nice. i'd like to see it, wrinkles and notes intact, tho. I've been doing the same on my breaks. Get a big fat sharpie, put my headphones on, and let the 30 minutes slip by. I'll scan some one of these days.
    Donk

3. sweet stuff furyfox
    -Myk

4. WHY ARE YOU TRAINING FOR A TECH SUPPORT JOB AND NOT ILLUSTRATING SOMETHING?!?!?!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    WHY ARE YOU TRAINING FOR A TECH SUPPORT JOB AND NOT ILLUSTRATING SOMETHING?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    WHY ARE YOU TRAINING FOR A TECH SUPPORT JOB AND NOT ILLUSTRATING SOMETHING?!?!?!
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Seriously. Your style is awesome.

8. Great as always.

Seeing your stuff always reminds me to work harder on my anatomy.

9. Direct links aren't working, either.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Direct links aren't working, either.
    Both are working just fine for me.

p.s. FuryFox: Your tags weren't working because you had [simg][url]http://... and it should just be [simg]http://...