Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Dominates February; Total Industry Sales Up 53%

1. News Nintendo Dominates February; Total Industry Sales Up 53%

If Nintendo keeps this up, they actually will be No. 1 again. The one-two punch of the DS and Wii is absolutely dominating. Overall, the industry had a spectacular month also. NPD's Anita Frazier tells GameDaily BIZ that she was "surprised by the sheer size of the increase." Data and comments within...

More...
    (Link to GameDaily.com)

2. News Breaking: Nintendo Dominates February; Total Industry Sales Up 53%

If Nintendo keeps this up, they actually will be No. 1 again. The one-two punch of the DS and Wii is absolutely dominating. Overall, the industry had a spectacular month also. NPD's Anita Frazier tells GameDaily BIZ that she was "surprised by the sheer size of the increase." Data and comments within... [Update: Comments from Michael Pachter]

More...
    (Link to GameDaily.com)

I saw wii's in the best buy today, and then on line on my way out I saw 4 people buying some.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. What are people playing on Wii? Seriously? It's like, you play Wii sports for 5 minutes with grandma unil she's exhausted, then you win Zelda, and that's it. Game over, nothing left.
    -Kyo

5. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    What are people playing on Wii?
    Geometry Wars.

Oh, I mean flOw.

Er, sorry. Wario Ware?

6. Excite Truck.

lol Spo

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. Oh wait, I forgot that system had Military Madness. That rules.
    -Kyo

8. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    What are people playing on Wii? Seriously? It's like, you play Wii sports for 5 minutes with grandma unil she's exhausted, then you win Zelda, and that's it. Game over, nothing left.
    IAWTP.

Elebits and Trauma Center are okay, but they're not really "I feel satisfied in paying $50 for this" okay.

9. Novelty? What other explanation is there? It certainly isn't for the line up of killer apps. I just don't see what all the excitement is about. I saw three at my local Wal-Mart the other day, and I came close to getting one, but then thought "what the hell for? What am I going to play?" I guess I could have left it under my TV for a month until Paper Mario comes out, but even so, what's there to look forward to after that until November?

I'm thinking that once the thing isn't so hard to find (read: more than 4 units are shipped to stores once every 3 weeks), things might cool off. I just hope the games actually start coming soon.

10. I love my DS.

Nothing on the Wii interests me so far.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww