Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADV Super Sale

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Well, your recommendations are pretty predictable at this point. You could just save yourself some time and say "I recommend anything from the 80s lol".

Throw us all for a loop and recommend something more recent.
    DON' LISTEN TO HIM, MCARAWKS!

I got the Megazone partly because of you, and i think you were a really strong influence on the Kimagure last summer. Late 70's-early 90's anime was the pinnacle of the art. There's great new stuff, but the old stuff had spark that hasn't shown itself in years.
    Donk

2. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    DON' LISTEN TO HIM, MCARAWKS!

I got the Megazone partly because of you, and i think you were a really strong influence on the Kimagure last summer. Late 70's-early 90's anime was the pinnacle of the art. There's great new stuff, but the old stuff had spark that hasn't shown itself in years.
    Haha thankyou Finch. All of all the people it is you who understands the most on this board. My love for anime extends from around 1979-1993 as well. The more forums i post on, the more i realise this a common trend among most old school fans. I'm glad you enjoyed Megazone 23 and Kimagure Orange Road.

Now if i could just get more people to give Kimagure Orange Road Summer's Beginning a try so they could see what they are missing out on.

3. ¡_¡

dad gummit, i'm trying to order Aura Battler Dunlap with Moby Dick, vol. 4 of Princess Tutu, and 3 of Petite Princess Yucie, but it's not letting me order at all. Some sort of error pops up between the basket and checkout.
    Donk

4. Kimagure Orange Road Summer's Beginning is not canon in my eyes. The first movie was a good enough ending for me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by mcarocks2003 View Post
    Haha thankyou Finch. All of all the people it is you who understands the most on this board. My love for anime extends from around 1979-1993 as well. The more forums i post on, the more i realise this a common trend among most old school fans. I'm glad you enjoyed Megazone 23 and Kimagure Orange Road.
    Hey, don't misunderstand, I'm not hating on your recommendations. It's just that... there isn't anything recent you like? You obviously found a comfort zone in 80's anime, which is cool, but it seems like you've just holed yourself up there and won't even step outside it anymore.

6. I got my stuff today!

They sent the first volume of Yugo the Negotiator along as a bonus, but... i got that from Right Stuf just a few weeks ago. ):
    Donk