Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Katamari

I'm interested in the soundtrack.

2. I've been listening to the original soundtrack lately. That's still some awesome stuff.

I like the idea of a Katamari on the Wii. You guys acting like Katamari needs super-duper graphics obviously have short term memories since none of the previous games had what would normally be considered good graphics. I'm interested in the control scheme with the Wii's remote. Not that I own a Wii. Or would buy one for this game. Necessarily.

3. Much as I like the Wii, I'm not sure how Katamari would work with its controller. The game was created with the dual-analog setting in mind, and I don't think tilt-control would be properly Katamari-ish.

James

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I'm interested in the soundtrack.
    They never paid the royalties they owe you for your contribution did they?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    You guys acting like Katamari needs super-duper graphics obviously have short term memories since none of the previous games had what would normally be considered good graphics.
    I do remember that even with its less-than-awesome graphics it still had loading screens in the middle of playing and that items had to disappear as the Katamari got bigger. It would be awesome to be able to build a Katamari from a few centimeters big up to picking up islands, all without loading and never having the smaller stuff disappear (well, to a reasonable extent, like picking up office buildings and still seeing people run around in crowds).

6. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Much as I like the Wii, I'm not sure how Katamari would work with its controller. The game was created with the dual-analog setting in mind, and I don't think tilt-control would be properly Katamari-ish.

James
    Oh no! Don't change the game! We need four exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi128 View Post
    They never paid the royalties they owe you for your contribution did they?
    Stage 10 cutscene for life.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Oh no! Don't change the game! We need four exactly the same.
    Have no problem with the controls in the excellent Excite Truck? You get ragged on for justifying the unnecessary changes in the classic analog stick. Think Katamari was designed around a certain simple control scheme and changing it is altering the game in ways it's not designed to be? Get ragged on for never accepting any form of change.

Cry me a river. Katamari is designed around tank controls. Turning it into Kororinpa or Monkeyball is a bad idea.

James

9. I never bothered with We Love Katamari but I did quite enjoy the first. I've always found the controls a little bit clunky - I think they could very easily translate the dual analog stick scheme to something with pointing with the Wiimote and moving with the nunchuck. That'd be neat.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I've been listening to the original soundtrack lately. That's still some awesome stuff.

Listen to this then. It rocks... the formula could easily work for a soundtrack for a happy game like Katamari.
    gamengai: old ass Japanese games (some new ones too!)