Page 1 of 41 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Katamari

1. Beautiful Katamari

From GamesAreFun:
    News - All three consoles to be rolled up in Beautiful Katamari
    Posted by Richard Brownell at 09:25:00 AM EST on 3.17.2007.

According to Orange Lounge Radio, Namco has given information to retailers about a new version of Katamari Damacy coming to Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii this year. Information from retailers can commonly be considered suspect, but this comes after we already knew about a US trademark filing for "Beautiful Katamari" by Namco Bandai Games in Japan.

For those under-rock-dwellers, the Katamari games put you in the role of the Prince (not to be confused with Prince of Persia), whose father has destroyed all the stars in the universe. You must roll up a bunch of crap on Earth which he uses to populate the sky with new stars. It's good fun, though some gamers think the formula gets older with each sequel. With the Wii and PS3 having motion-control possibilities and the 360 having the possibility for online multiplayer, leaderboards, and downloadable content, perhaps the series will see new life.

Beautiful Katamari is expected to hit Xbox 360 and PS3 on October 17 for the budget price of $39.99 and the Wii on November 14 for $29.99, also a budget price.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Orange Lounge as in Tomosuke bemani guy?

But yes, this is good news indeed. I'm on board with at least one more of these.

What the fuck is "new-gen"? Is that the stuff the turtles and Splinter came into contact with?

4. Well, "next gen" isn't really applicable anymore, but it doesn't feel right calling them "current gen" yet either, since they're still in the awkward 'learning to walk' phase (well, except 360).

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Current gen started 16 months ago. Nintendo and Sony just can't get their heads out of their asses.

6. It's 'new-gen' because it's a misnomer to group Wii into 'next-gen'. If it was just 360 and PS3, I bet they would have said 'next-gen'.

I've got no problem with another Katamari, but fuck paying $40-60 for it. The franchise owes its entire existence to the first one only being $20, but apparently Namco just can't get that through their dense skulls, despite WLK and MAMK being total flops in comparison.

Should have been an XBLA/PSN title.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 18 Mar 2007 at 09:50 AM.

7. Good God, I am so there. Katamari with next-gen graphics would be awesome.

8. I'm up for pretty much any 360 title that's under $40 to be honest. I'll wait for someone to buy this, hate it, and sell it on eBay under-price. Sounds good. I hope they have something decent for Live content other than dumb hats for the Prince to wear.

9. zzzz

10. Quote Originally Posted by animegirl View Post
    Good God, I am so there. Katamari with next-gen graphics would be awesome.
    Considering this is also on the Wii I wouldn't expect too much.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."