Thread: Solty Rei

1. Solty Rei

Source

In a future-based disaster-ridden city with an enormous gap between the rich and the poor, it is hard to tell which humans are walking around with cybernetic body parts. This makes Roy Revant's job as a renegade bounty hunter/bodyguard-for-hire even more difficult. When a young girl with unbeliveable strength rescues him from a particularly dangerous criminal, Roy realizes that perhaps help can be found in the strangest of places. Joining together with a few others, they engage in a battle to find out the truth behind the giant conglomerates that are supposedly serving mankind and making life better.

Solty, an android who has lost her memory, has escaped and is being hunted by the RUC Security Bureau. She encounters a bounty hunter named Roy who adopts her as his daughter after being hired as a bodygaurd for Miranda.

Has anyone else been watching this? I bought it a little bit ago and just started going through it today. It has a nice relaxed flow which reminds me of Trigun, even if none of the story or characters do.

2. The story sounds like the biggest rip off of battle angel Alita ever.

3. It's better than having no Alita show at all

The OVA was okay, but it's old and has a lot of plot changes and errors. I wish they'd give it the same treatment Hellsing is getting with it's book by episode OVA's.

I checked out the trailers and stuff for this show, it seemed really, really generic. Maybe I'll give it a spin later, when I don't have so much to watch all at once.

4. Volume three is out now.

I'll watch it tomorrow and post some simple impressions.