Page 1 of 20 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellboy 2

1. Hellboy 2

From Super Hero Hype:
    The Official Hellboy 2 Synopsis!
    Source: ComingSoon.net
    March 20, 2007

ComingSoon.net has posted the official synopsis for Universal Pictures' Hellboy 2: The Golden Army and it goes like this...

With a signature blend of action, humor and character-based spectacle, the saga of the world's toughest, kitten-loving hero from Hell continues to unfold in "Hellboy 2: The Golden Army." Bigger muscle, badder weapons and more ungodly villains arrive in an epic vision of imagination from Oscar®-nominated director Guillermo del Toro ("Pan's Labyrinth," "Hellboy").

After an ancient truce existing between humankind and the invisible realm of the fantastic is broken, hell on Earth is ready to erupt. A ruthless leader who treads the world above and the one below defies his bloodline and awakens an unstoppable army of creatures. Now, it's up to the planet's toughest, roughest superhero to battle the merciless dictator and his marauders. He may be red. He may be horned. He may be misunderstood. But when you need the job done right, it's time to call in Hellboy (Ron Perlman).

Along with his expanding team in the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Development--pyrokinetic girlfriend Liz (Selma Blair), aquatic empath Abe (Doug Jones) and protoplasmic mystic Johann--the BPRD will travel between the surface strata and the unseen magical one, where creatures of fantasy become corporeal. And Hellboy, a creature of two worlds who's accepted by neither, must choose between the life he knows and an unknown destiny that beckons him.

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army opens in theaters on August 1, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. This was announced ages ago. Still, glad to see a sequel.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post

4. Luke Goss was the main bad guy in Blade 2.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. YAy! Hellboy is one of the few movies I bought in the last year or so. Excellent.... use the comic source del Torro....
    [Insert large, loud, flashing signature here]

6. I liked Hellboy, but I wish Del Toro had stayed a bit more true to the dark and somber tone of the comic, instead of making it brighter and more "superhero-ish." Overall, though, he did a good job.

One change I did love, however, was Kronen, that awesome undead Nazi clockwork ninja dude. In the comic he was just some wimpy scientist.

I didn't like the first one.

8. First one was alright, I had hyped myself up and it was more of a letdown. Too much shitty CG at the end, totally killed it.

9. From SuperHeroHype:
    News

Hellboy 2 Starts Shooting this Week?
    Source: Caboodle.hu, The Age
    April 9, 2007

Hungary's Caboodle.hu says that Hellboy 2: The Golden Army starts shooting this week. Here's an article from last week:

State development bank MFB is likely to invest in the €90 million Korda film studio built in Etyek by entrepreneur Sándor Demján, according to Magyar Hírlap. The bank has a budget for filmmaking, but it has not yet invested it.

The studio will open one month ahead of schedule next week. The first phase of the development is completed and shooting of the second part of Hellboy 2 will start next week.

Writer/director Guillermo del Toro also talked more about the plot with The Age:

Hellboy concluded with an intense image of its character's connection with another person. The new film, del Toro says, deals with the aftermath of romantic fulfilment. "It's about the first year of marriage," but it's also about "a deadly war between humans and magical creatures", in which the title character has a major dilemma: which side is he actually on?

Visit the link above for more. The sequel, starring Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Doug Jones and Luke Goss, opens on August 1, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post

10. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post