Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 616181920

Thread: Hellboy 2

1. I didn't like it. Hellboy wasn't broody enough in any way that gave the movie an emotional weight, and the lore definitely wasn't dark enough. I liked the characters involved, and I loved the art direction. The market was good. The main issue was how much the pacing was off, the whole tone of the movie was dumb and the whole Hellboy / father storyline felt forced and out of place. Take that shit out of here for fuck sakes. I want to see Hellboy torturing goblins and banshee's in the Irish countryside with iron and shit like that, not the I'm a huge fucking emo pussy garbage these last two movies decided to shoehorn in.

I want somebody to come along and reset this franchise and redo it the way it should be like Nolan did with Begins. I'm all about Hellboy chiming off one liners. That's him. I'm not a fan of the goofy stuff like kid Hellboy brushing his big stupid teeth and holding on to a teddy bear, or anything likewise.

Del Toro made a great looking movie. But I wish he had focused more on pacing and tone. G'ah! I love Hellboy a lot. This weird halfway-right halfway-what the fuck is Del Toro doing makes me sad.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 27 Jul 2008 at 05:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. I agree. Just got back from it. While not a horrible movie it just seemed like a plodding mess that did nothing.

"I'm not a baby, I'm a tumor."

3. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I'm not a fan of the goofy stuff like kid Hellboy brushing his big stupid teeth and holding on to a teddy bear, or anything likewise.
    Yeah, thats was fuckin terrible.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
    Yeah, this movie was fuckin terrible.
    fixed.

5. Jetman is lucky there's no -rep here!

6. Yeah because good looking costume design and pretty SFX alone (because thats all everyone seems to be praising in this) make a great movie right?! wrong - I'd negative rep anyone here who thought this was good too

7. Same would go for the ones who hated it?