Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Surfing TNL at work

no seriously, how do I disable simg tags at school?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

You shouldn't be surfing while at work or school anyway.

No, I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

maybe if school were the least bit challenging I wouldn't have to.

20 minute classes please.

then, after the new material is introduced in 20 minutes, let all further learning occur by private/optional appointment for those who need it.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

So what is your Liberal Arts major?

I'm currently taking a break from my libarts major and I'm at a tech school learning stenography. BTW, business is easier than any liberal arts major. It requires no brain cells.

I don't know what you think is a difficult major, but I'd stick with chemistry, medicine, physics, or a pure math major. Those are the only ones that seem challenging. Even medicine is mostly just memorization.

Anyway currently the core steno courses aren't easy, but all the bullcrap satellite courses are freakin' garbage, and I didn't have enough transfer credits to get out of all of them. I was damn close though.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 04 Jun 2007 at 11:01 AM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

I was a math/statistics major but had a lot of specific business stuff as well, like finance and accounting. I also took Physics for my general science requirement.

Economics is a joke, although tons of people still don't grasp even the most simple concepts from it, but Finance is much more rigorous. I'm guessing ECON is what you're calling "business."

Can you apply your education to figuring out how to disable simg tags for me please?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

lol You should be able to do it with your browser, though it would obviously affect all sites then. Some firewall programs will block images from certain sites too.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I was a math/statistics major but had a lot of specific business stuff as well, like finance and accounting. I also took Physics for my general science requirement.

Economics is a joke, although tons of people still don't grasp even the most simple concepts from it, but Finance is much more rigorous. I'm guessing ECON is what you're calling "business."
    Are you teh Black Belt!!!!one!!11

My undergrad at Michigan was in E.E. (no how many guys do that and travel 40 days out of the year for baseball?) , my masters was in business economics which I received from Case Western, GRE FTW (for those who know)

I'm more of the Master Black Belt in my organization, but there is no official certification for that.