Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Surfing TNL at work

1. Surfing TNL at work

Some people when surfing at work should not complain about the content, when individually you have always had the ability to fix it yourself:

goto UserCP

goto Edit Options

Find Section 'Thread Display Options'

Uncheck Show Signatures
    Uncheck Show Avatars
    uncheck Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)

I change these options every day between work and home.

This does not resolve the actual wording of posts, that is left up to your best judgement whether or not you choose to click the link.

If you are surfing at work or are in the situation where objectionable content is frowned upon, and something questionable pops up on your screen, you have no one to blame but yourself, you took the risk

2. And I also endeavor to keep curse words off the non-Veteran index pages, partly for this reason.

3. ? No cussing anymore?

BOOOO!

But okay.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

4. Quote Originally Posted by D_N_G View Post
    Some people when surfing at work should not complain about the content, when individually you have always had the ability to fix it yourself:

goto UserCP

goto Edit Options

Find Section 'Thread Display Options'

Uncheck Show Signatures
    Uncheck Show Avatars
    uncheck Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)

I change these options every day between work and home.

This does not resolve the actual wording of posts, that is left up to your best judgement whether or not you choose to click the link.

If you are surfing at work or are in the situation where objectionable content is frowned upon, and something questionable pops up on your screen, you have no one to blame but yourself, you took the risk
    Um, who invited the ACLU? TNL can and should be decent without having to uncheck everything every time I commute somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    ? No cussing anymore?

BOOOO!

But okay.
    I think he is referring to thread titles

6. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    Um, who invited the ACLU? TNL can and should be decent without having to uncheck everything every time I commute somewhere.
    The internet is not decent, eveytime anyone goes on at work they are taking a risk, i do this with all forums i surf from work/home. I was offering a suggestion to help others out who might be in the same situation

Edit: Its not just decency, I get flagged for peoples signatures with links to game sites or have gamer cards

7. Fair enough, but just because we can turn stuff off doesn't mean everyone should go hog wild posting all sorts of bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

8. I wasnt suggesting breaking any posting rules, a lot of people just dont realize that they have this option, and its one less thing they have to worry about. For me, I can surf Skull and Bones from work with this turned off and it doesnt set off any flags with the Websense software

9. you're an adventurous man my dear lad [simg] tags don't turn off!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    you're an adventurous man my dear lad [simg] tags don't turn off!
    oh snap! maybe Nick can fix that?