Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee

From what I have heard, the Aeropress coffee tastes great, but doesn't have as strong an aroma as coffee brewed by other methods. It seems like a pretty interesting system, though.

2. Never heard of it. How much does one of those things cost ... yeah yeah google.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

$25 amazon.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Never heard of it. How much does one of those things cost ... yeah yeah google.
    I bought mine from ThinkGeek. I will post some results after I get it.

5. I had a nice long response and it went buh-bye when I clicked the wrong fucking button.

Basically

burr > blade > supermarket (dirty nasty (pot filled?)) grinders. We use a Saeco Titan that kicks ass.

Lol @ Folgers guy, this is a coffee thread not a shit-in-a-can thread OMG FLAv0r Krist4ls!!!

And I just want to say my favorite part of the coffee from my drip machine is the tiny amount of fine grounds in the bottom of the cup. It's like dessert! And since school started again I am drinking way, way too much coffee. And it is wonderful.

From what I have found, the French press takes no more time than a drip maker. I stick water in the microwave, and in the meantime grind my beans. Scoop out what I need, clean out my grinder, and let pour water over grounds. Wait three whole minutes, magical coffee ensues. I remember hearing stores of people waiting like thirty minutes for a French press cup... I don't know what that's all about.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    From what I have found, the French press takes no more time than a drip maker. I stick water in the microwave, and in the meantime grind my beans. Scoop out what I need, clean out my grinder, and let pour water over grounds. Wait three whole minutes, magical coffee ensues. I remember hearing stores of people waiting like thirty minutes for a French press cup... I don't know what that's all about.
    French Press
    1. Boil Water (variable)
    2. Water + Ground Coffee (4 mins)
    3. Enjoy!

But 30 mins? Only if you make the fire from scratch like the crazy survivorman. A French would be worth 30 mins though, as it is totally the best way to really enjoy coffee.

Also, we tried some DD coffee the other day. Wow. The french press of the DD tasted sour, tangy, and watery compared to SBUX breakfast (which is weak itself).

8. Thirty minutes is definitely excessive, that shit would be sooooo bitter. Four minutes is perfect. I'm glad I live in an area where good coffee is easily attainable, I wouldn't be able to deal with Starbucks on a daily basis. Most of my coffee comes from here: http://www.dancinggoats.com They're local, so at least I don't have to order online, but if you like GOOD coffee, check them out.

9. I stopped at Intelligentsia today for a cappuccino since I was in that neighborhood. It was good but not amazingly better than the ones I make at home. One of the good things about it was how creamy it was. I wish I could steam my milk like that at home. (They are one of the top chains nationally)

And it has perhaps one of the most elitist coffee house names ever. Do they even let you in if your Macbook isn't a Pro?