Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4858606162636466 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee

1. Lately I've been having Starbucks Caffe Verona, either black or with a splash of cashew milk. Love it.

2. I keep seeing that "Quality got a kick in the beans" from Sheetz, a store common in PA. I haven't tried their new coffee yet, but even their old stuff wasn't terrible. Anybody try it yet?

I just wanted to say I make a fucking killer cup of coffee.
    70-73 grams of medium or medium/dark roast Allegro coffee medium ground in the Chemex for 4 cups of water. Water heated to 195, then heat to low to maintain temp. Release the flavor by putting enough water onto the grinds to wet it all down. Wait 30 seconds. Slow pour the rest of the water. Enjoy smoothest coffee.

Being able to make better coffee than almost anywhere I go (there are some cafes around that use the same method) is one of the greatest joys of my life. Combine with a nice Zojirushi travel cup and I can make that shit the night before and it's still just as hot in the morning.

When I'm entertaining a lot of people I french press it instead but the Chemex comes smoother.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Chemex
    My boy right here. At least as good as a French press, much smoother, and without the crazy "This is my French press. There are many like it but this one is mine" disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly between cups.

5. I chipped my Chemex and bought another. It's really the simplest thing.

Cow, are you saying you leave your Chemex simmering on the stove overnight?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Allegro coffee
    ew.

I dunno man, almost all of the med roasts I've gotten from them are good. And I get the ones roasted in store fresh. Not everyone roasts them right though.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    I chipped my Chemex and bought another. It's really the simplest thing.

Cow, are you saying you leave your Chemex simmering on the stove overnight?
    Nope, the Zojirushi canteen just keeps stuff legit HOT for like 10 hours. The less liquid the less effective it becomes but it's great when I have an early shift, just make it before I get my four hours of sleep and then I'm good to go.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

Lotta evidence that depriving yourself of sleep leads to heart disease later in life. Tread carefully.

I catch up on it later.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie