Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5464666768

Thread: Coffee

still, fuck keurigs. Have a cup of tea if you are both that lazy and special.

Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    Look, that was a cute post, but I have both and have used both for years at a time.

If I'm up cranking away at a deadline, there is no fucking way I'm grabbing the adorable little goose-neck kettle and pouring concentric circles over 22.6 grams of single-origin beans that I ground myself.
    You don't have to be so precise to make a decent cup of coffee with a pour over. You set the water on (even easier with an electric kettle, which I don't have) and grind some beans and then, a few minutes later, you pour the water over and boom you have coffee. Of course it's better if you pay close attention to all the details, but even if you fudge it a little it's still drinkable. If I know I'm gonna need a lot I make a big pot and then keep it in a thermos so I don't have to make it cup by cup.

Anyway when you're cranking away on some project it's nice to take a little break to make coffee. It's a sort of zen moment. Kinda like taking a smoke break.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    you could invest in a burr grinder and grind to the right size.
    That's charming but, I was the guy telling you all to do this a decade ago.

so what's wrong with your setup now?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Absolutely nothing unless you're spooked about plastics. I'm just interested in trying a percolator.

I used to have one. It’s neat. Makes the room smell good. Doesn’t make a great cup though imo.