Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee

1. What supermarket are you going to?

The staff at mine loves my weed.

And by weed, I mean my cock
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    I dunno even one of the countertop/handheld ones will turn beans into powder if you grind long enough. As long as you use espresso beans don't spend all your dollars on a grinder.
    Blade grinders are no good. They don't grind even, you'll have dust and chunks which is really really bad for espresso. They also cause heat which is bad. You need a burr grinder. The grinder is actually more important than the machine. The rule of thumb is to spend half your budget on the grinder up to like $500 (which is pro stuff). Again, this is according to coffee nerds. Fresh ground coffee with a blade grinder is better than stale coffee though.

Yeller if your office suffers from crappy coffee buy a small french press and bring your own coffee to work. That's what I used to do at my old job where they had Starbucks beans . Or you could try this thing which is supposed to be really good http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress_story.htm (but I've never used one)

3. on that note.... bedtime.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bladegrinder.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	39595  

4. I love coffee, and I drink it black as a rule. Black as midnight on a moonless night. Cream, sugar - EFF that shit. I usually brew a cup or two or more depending on how much time in the morning I have before I have to head out. I used to drink instant back in high school when I woke up at the latest possible moment but anymore most coffee makers work quickly enough that I really only use instant if I'm in a pinch, like camping or something. But I probably couldn't tell you the difference between a cup of Folgers and a cup of ... whatever "real coffee" some of these guys are talking about is.

It's an acquired taste for most people. I started when I was 14 and I hated it for a few weeks and you will too. You know, just like beer.

As a side note, I really can't get behind iced tea. I like hot tea, but iced tea just rubs me the wrong way.
    Last edited by Toupee; 19 Aug 2008 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toupee View Post

As a side note, I really can't get behind iced tea. I like hot tea, but iced tea just rubs me the wrong way.
    There's your problem.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    There's your problem.
    I don't think being in PA has anything to do with it. Just a lack of taste!

I'm not one to talk with iced tea; I really don't like the sugar water they call "sweet tea" down here. Unless I make it, I prefer unsweet.

8. The northern version of sweetened iced tea seems to pack a lot less of a teeth-rattlingly sweet punch than "sweet tea" does. I like it that way. As much as I enjoy iced tea on its own, though, an Arnold Palmer is by far the best use of it.

And getting back on the topic of coffee... though I do enjoy a cup every now and then (or a pot or two if I stop in at my favorite diner in PA ), once or twice a week if even, I've stopped drinking it daily and I really think cutting down on the massive amount of caffeine I've been taking in has made me feel a lot better.

edit: Not that the lack of caffeine has helped the insomnia any. When I'm posting at 5 AM and I wonder why I can't take a magic pill and go to sleep, I just read Hubb's sig and I remember why I can't have nice things.
    Last edited by Grave; 19 Aug 2008 at 05:40 AM.

9. I love iced tea (white people!), but it's not easy to find any sort of good bottled "black" style tea. I'm seriously considering making my own backyard tea out on the balcony.

I'm going to be looking around for methods/recipes, any recommendations Tones?
    Last edited by cigsthecat; 19 Aug 2008 at 10:17 AM.