Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 50606263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee

1. Also
    Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    Someone is stuck in the yummy phase.
    This thread is great, I'm gonna re-read it.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

2. I really love the flavor of lighter blend coffees. I can really only have 2-3 cups of coffee a day, and they have to be spread out (like one on the morning, one in the late afternoon.) But! I’ll crave the flavor throughout the day, caffeinated or not. I dunno if coffee really wakes me up that much either, it seems a lot of times after I drink it I’m just more sleepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    If you have to dump a pint of cream and a pound of sweetener into your drink, then what’s the point of the drink?
    My question, as well.

So I have to wonder, if everyone’s coffee was secretly switched to decaf would people continue to drink this nasty stuff?
    I would, but I actually enjoy the taste. The caffeine doesn't affect me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    I'd drink more! I like it strong, and I'll start feeling jittery if I have too much.
    Isn't that withdrawal?

4. I tried to drink coffee again now that we have a keurig in the office, but the gut rot and ass-breath don't really float my boat.
    I found some k-cup teas that are potable, so I'm going to stick with that.

Yes, actually I’m currently mixing my beans 50/50 caffeinated and decaffeinated so I can drink more coffee.

I prefer the Trader Joe’s dark roast low acid these days because I’m tender.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Isn't that withdrawal?
    What getting jittery from drinking too much coffee? It’s actually the opposite.

7. I started mixing in a green tea here and there to replace some of the coffee, but the half decaf is a good idea too.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    What getting jittery from drinking too much coffee? It’s actually the opposite.
    Yeah I don't know how to read.

9. Working in the coffee industry, I can tell you most decaf is terrible. The process to make it means you’re dealing with a very dark roast to start with, then add in that it doesn’t sell very well, so it’s old, and you’re often talking about an ashtray for flavor profile. Then there’s the ammonia wash in more industrial blends that just can’t be good for you.
    Boo, Hiss.

But you can decaffeinate any kind of bean using the water process, not just dark roasts, and ammonia never enters into it.