Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 51616364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee

1. I’m just saying I’d be wary of much decaf coffee. Unless you know the roaster, decaf is a shady business.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. I'm glad I have a pedestrian palate when it comes to coffee. Outside of the occasional cup from a really fancy restaurant, they all taste the same, even decaf.

EDIT: Oh, and my office stocks a kind with the Emeril brand on it. Much like how I can tell the fancy restaurant coffee tastes better, I can tell that this stuff is awful.

What would be the potential "not good for you" part of ammonia washing? (That's a legit question, not trolling.)

3. Not ammonia, I said the wrong chemical. Acetate.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Question still stands, though. I know we are supposed to hear stuff like "ammonia" and "acetate" and be all WTF but I don't have that gene or something.

It's ethyl acetate. But what does that have to do with the light roast water processed decaf in the pantry right now?

Everything is shady, because capitalism. Is decaf coffee any shadier?

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Question still stands, though. I know we are supposed to hear stuff like "ammonia" and "acetate" and be all WTF but I don't have that gene or something.
    Would it be scarier if the ethyl acetate came from chemical synthesis, or from fermenting sugarcane?

7. Josh where do I find this water decaf? Can I get it at a regular grocer or do I have to go online?
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

The best I have had is from a company called Baltimore Coffee and Tea, they ship.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Everything is shady, because capitalism. Is decaf coffee any shadier?
    That's pretty much the level of detachment I have about stuff these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Would it be scarier if the ethyl acetate came from chemical synthesis, or from fermenting sugarcane?
    Not for me but I understand that some people would take issue with the chemical synthesis.

The bottled water snobs brew coffee with already is full of micro plastics. Gotta die somehow?