Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 52626465666768 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

1. I don't need the best, but thanks. It looks like there is stuff at the grocer that is explicitly labeled as such (and apparently it's the only certified Organic process), so I'll start there.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

So how are we brewing our coffee these days? I'm thinking of trying out this fucker.

It's grandpa's coffee maker, basically. Grandpa had shaving figured out before it got all complicated. Maybe he had coffee figured out too?

3. Probably.

Just about all our mechanical/electrical innovations have been for convenience at the cost of excellence. I don't know ANYONE that says "This Keurig coffee is GREAT!" It's all about "I can have a cup of coffee in 60 seconds!"

4. Those percolators are great. My mom's still got an old 70's one and it always make a good brew. (Something like this https://booksandunusuals.com/images/...coffee-pot.jpg)

I have a big french press at home and a single-cup one at work, which are my primary methods. I have a Keurig clone that I'm happy with because I have a way to make stuff for guests via normal k-cup route. I also have the reusable cups for myself and the metal one doesn't produce bad coffee. EkoBrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    So how are we brewing our coffee these days? I'm thinking of trying out this fucker.

It's grandpa's coffee maker, basically. Grandpa had shaving figured out before it got all complicated. Maybe he had coffee figured out too?

I knew this was a Percolator before I even clicked it.

I would hope that everyone did, provided they read the post.

7. If you really want to brew the best coffee and have no concerns for how long it takes you should get one of the japanese syphon coffee makers. It takes a lot of practice to brew it right though.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. For home use, a basic pour over is probably the best/least fussy of the fancy methods.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. I was doing the ceramic cone pour over and grinding my fancy beans for a while. The coffee was wonderful.

Then at some point I contracted Keurig disease after one made its way into my home. Terrible coffee, but the convenience is hard to argue with.

10. Using a pour-over like a Chemex is only marginally more time-consuming than using a keurig.

Using a pour-over like a Chemex produces significantly less waste than does a keurig, especially if you compost.

Using a pour-over like a Chemex is significantly cheaper than using a keurig.

Using a pour-over like a Chemex produces infinitely better coffee than does a keurig.

Stop using keurigs. Keurigs are for car dealership lounges and sad uncles.

Drinking room temperature Spaghettios out of the can is more convenient than eating like a goddamned adult, but you don't do that because you're a goddamned adult. Read reddit for three fewer minutes a day and use those three minutes to behave in a way you're not embarrassed to behave.