Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Remake

1. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    REmake's a cold, cold universe when a man will just knowingly run over a mother and child in the middle of a crosswalk. I hope those action lines behind the tires are from his acceleration and not some half-hearted moral obligation to brake.
    Heh.

Great stuff as always Rama.

2. thank you, nemo.

remake 3! quite pleased with it. largest one so far at 44 pages. order if you want to.

3. good news! adhouse is putting out a remake collection in 2009. i think we're shooting for spring/summer so that we can hit up the summer conventions on the east coast with the book. the book will contain remake 1 - 3 and what would've been remake 4.

this is just a panel from the new bit i'm working on. i changed the words as not to spoil anything. anyway, thanks to those of you who've purchased original copies of the single issues and have just been all around supportive over the years. i'll keep y'all posted on an actual release date and stuff.

edit: whoops! i almost forgot to throw in an annoying animated gif!

woooo!
    Last edited by rama; 26 Nov 2008 at 12:38 AM.

4. Hahahaha, this is cool.

As someone who's never written a full comic I was wondering how you get from start to finish in each issue. Do you already know what you want to do with the series and are just working on it? Do you write as you go? What's you process for writing the books?

I've tried a few times to work on books and and suffer paralysis of analysis. Thinking too much about a story before starting makes me worry to the point where I don't think the story could be much good to begin with. Do you go through anything similar and how do you combat things that can get in the way of finishing an issue?

(Wow, sounds like fan mail)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. ahaha, nah, it's ok. uhm...i basically started the first remake for fun. they're just small stories that have very little connecting them outside of the characters themselves. there's a running joke about eating kittens, though. i basically made it up as i went along. i had the same problem you did. whenever i tried to sit there and "write" a story i found myself analyzing it way too much...and second guessing myself.

usually the ideas for me start out as a joke and i just build around it. it's funny 'cause i never know how i'm going to end something when i start it. i get stuck a lot but it helps keep things spontaneous when i return. it's almost as if the story reveals itself to me as i create it. there are moments where i think i've written myself into a corner but...that's kinda impossible to do 'cause i'm the one making stuff up. i like to believe that you can do whatever you want with comics. even if it's something that seems weird or doesn't make any sense...it's my world and i can do what i want. am i making any sense?

at the moment i'm starting to put together some ideas for a story with an actual ending but i'm trying very hard to stay away from anything too heavy. and it's gotten easier and easier to think of ways to work in plot developments (sometimes it happens by accident) as i've worked on this project. uhm...yeah. i hope that all helps.

6. here's the cover!

i have a little interview up on previews. + it's up on amazon so you can order it if your local comic shop doesn't have it.

7. Your name is Lamar.

8. yep! how many lamars do you know in real life?

9. http://www.newsarama.com/comics/040909-Remake.html

Woo-hoo! You made the front page, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. ah! yeah! it's awesome. but...even more awesome is this!

www.radiomaru.com

i was quite shocked when i first saw it.