Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Pulse

1. Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Sony Studio Liverpool still employs many of the former Psygnosis staff. They are for all intents and purposes Psygnosis (or what remains of them).

And Pure was excellent. I'd go so far as to say that nostalgia aside, Pure is better than any PSone Wipeout.
    why choose when you can havethem both on your PSP as a ps3 owner :P

2. Oh, god.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Sony Studio Liverpool still employs many of the former Psygnosis staff. They are for all intents and purposes Psygnosis (or what remains of them).

And Pure was excellent. I'd go so far as to say that nostalgia aside, Pure is better than any PSone Wipeout.
    i'd say it's as good as Wipeout XL.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    Pure is awesome. Still the best game on PSP. That's why I'm excited over this new one - Pure redeemed SCE Liverpool for the Wipeout Fusion clusterfuck.
    Calling it a "clusterfuck" is a little extreme. Stylistically it is the worst of the series, and it has a ton of bugs, but it added some interesting ideas. Some of them were outstanding (Zone mode), others were mixed (loop-de-loops were a good idea but were implemented poorly), and others were just plain bad (customizable ships was a promising idea but throwing all that extra crap on your ship just made them look uglier).

I still think Wipeout 3 is the pinnacle of the series, but Pure is right behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Yeah, I thought this was common knowledge.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. A lot of people considered XL to be the best; but my opinion is torn between that and Wipeout 3. I have to agree with Sleeve that calling Fusion a "clusterfuck" is extreme. They were on the right track and I personally loved the "Zone" and the ability to upgrade different aspects of your craft. Hopefully they'll take some of those concepts that weren't executed correctly in Fusion and attempt to get it right should any of them be incorporated in Pulse.

And man, it's about TIME they finally got around to offering a Wipeout game with online multiplayer.

PS3 and 360 versions now pls, thx.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bahn View Post

PS3 and 360 versions now pls, thx.

the rumor going around is that theyre already hard at work with wipeout ps3, using motorstorms engine.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

QFT. I actually just bought it and I'm really enjoying it. It makes it easier to forget that Fusion bullshit.

8. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post

the rumor going around is that theyre already hard at work with wipeout ps3, using motorstorms engine.
    Yeah -- I know, I know -- a 360 version showing up definitely deserves a lollercopter.

Wipeout on PS3 using the Motorstorm engine sounds promising. I've got the game and it's a solid game, albeit limited levels that's just begging for new content.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    QFT. I actually just bought it and I'm really enjoying it. It makes it easier to forget that Fusion bullshit.
    Don't forget to check out the DLC. They basically gave you two entire games worth of content with Pure.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I know that, but has there ever been a company that didn't go downhill after being bought out an merged into a larger company? Maybe Maxis, but you get my point.