Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1525272829

Thread: NIGHTS 2

1. Played this for a bit today; so far it feels identical to the original. It has some flaws but as I recall the original had similar ones. Looking forward to playing more.

2. Put in a couple more hours with the game and I've completely fallen in love with it. It's everything I imagined a sequel to Nights would be, from the music to the level design and artistry; it's got all the old magic intact. I don't see how any fan of the original could not love this. My only issue with it so far is the unskippable cut scenes, but they're only a minute or two long and not nearly as frequent as some of the reviews imply. I just think of them as loading time. It sucks that they're there but they don't ruin the game; the majority of my play time with this will probably be spent on score attacks and the cutscenes can be skipped at that point.

I've had no control issues whatsoever using the Classic Controller (Wiimote control is awful) and I love the graphics. From a technical standpoint they're decidedly last-gen graphics but the colors are vibrant and combine with the art design to make for a beautiful game. It's a welcome respite from the "mature" gun and car games we're inundated with; I love violent games but sometimes I miss how whimsical and simple games used to be. Anyone else playing this right now?
    Last edited by SpoDaddy; 16 Jan 2008 at 02:38 PM.

3. I'll probably get it eventually but I've got a ton to play already so it'll wait, and hopefully get a price drop first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

4. I've been ignoring it due to not wanting to kill my fondness for the original, but Neozeedeater's stamp of approval has put me into "wait for a price drop" mode as well.

5. I got this for Christmas and I've been so busy that I haven't played this until recently. I was pretty excited since I still play NiGHTS/Christmas NiGHTS pretty often, and I have to say that I agree with NeoZeedeater and Spodaddy, any fan of the first game will love this. Everything feels right (if you're playing with the classic controller) and so far the levels are really entertaining and some of the new stuff they've added to the gameplay (like the NiGHTS boat level) are really cool. I'd honestly say that it doesn't look like SEGA botched this up too bad...unless something terrible happens later on.

Oh. And the story is god-awful. Should have been more like the first one and only hinted at the story a bit, not shove it in your face after every level.

It's really, really bad.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

6. So basically, sounds like it's not a botched revival of Nights. It's a revival of Nights which, by its nature, is botched.
    No gnus is good gnus.

7. That's probably the most accurate way to describe it. It's essentially old-school NiGHTS with new stuff tacked on outside the traditional flying levels. Some of the new stuff is good (the boat/rollercoaster levels and the multiplayer racing) while some of the new stuff is bad (the story cutscenes, NiGHTS having a voice). If all you want is new NiGHTS flying levels you'll get just as many in this as in the original NiGHTS (maybe a couple more even). The best test of whether or not you should buy this game is to play the original NiGHTS. If you still love NiGHTS then buy this game immediately. If you've had your fill of NiGHTS or never liked it in the first place then avoid this game. Download the soundtrack no matter what because it's some of the best videogame music in a long time.