Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Discussion Haul.

1. Music Discussion Haul.

For the musical stuffs you buy.
    Since not everything we buy is new enough to go in the 07 A&D thread. Impressions of CD's & stuff. You people know how these work...

Haul:

Machine Head - The Blackening. This is clearly their best record since Burn My Eyes. It has long tunes (8-9 minutes average) that flirt with proggy sentiments at times, but is still thrashtastic. More clean singing than on previous albums, which is always welcome, and Adam (bass player) has learned how to do some great backup lines.

Nadja - Thaumogenesis - Nadja are a Canadian drone/doom duo. All electronics/drum machines and guitar. Very crescendo based. Of all the instrumental stuff I've heard lately, this is the best. Highly recommended (also see their previous CD 'Bodycage.'

Watchmaker - Erased From the Memory of Man. Watchmaker are the angriest band on the planet. This shit fits somewhere between grind/thrash and noisecore (in the original sense of the term). Drums and guitars fly by like crazed locust storms, and vocalist Brian sounds like he's trying to survive the worst kind of apocalypse through sheer force of anger. If that all sounds like a bit too much, it is - but in a good way.

Rwake - Voices of Omens. This is the best Sludge record since eyehategod put out In the Divine Name of Suffering. Everything about this album oozes evil. It's just... wow.

Earth - Hibernaculum. Haven't heard/watched all of this yet.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. An Ipod shuffly. This thinsg are fucking small as hell. 2 quarters thick and about a quarter and a half wide. Impressive.

I also downloaded the new Modest Mouse album off Itunes. Sounds nice. I'm not a huge MM fan, my first album was Good News, but I like this album. A bit more mellow and controlled compared to their last. Also downloaded LCD SOundsystem Intron Album and DFA Remix Ch. 1. Looking for DJ Vadim's new album now.

I don't buy music. (Unless I'm at a show.)
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. You can still buy music?

5. I'm glad people don't buy the bad music they listen to. Imagine if everyone listening to Postal Service and the like paid for it?

I buy stuff if I still love it 6 months-year later. 20ish CDs recently. Too lazy for impressions and like I said it's rarely new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Punky Skunk View Post
    Imagine if everyone listening to Postal Service and the like paid for it?
    I bought the CD, all the singles and the double LP when it came out.

I don't feel bad about it at all.

7. Postal Service is music for vaginas. It sings into them, the lips open up and drink in the semen of the emotionally wounded.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. yeah, i bought an ipod nano earlier this year, haven't bought too many cds since then... in fact, can't remember the last cd i bought. I'm definitly going to grab the new Megadeth album when it comes out in may however.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

Quote Originally Posted by avatar View Post

I also downloaded the new Modest Mouse album off Itunes. Sounds nice. I'm not a huge MM fan, my first album was Good News, but I like this album
    For the love of god listen to the old albums.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I bought the CD, all the singles and the double LP when it came out.

I don't feel bad about it at all.
    I still have it on my computer. And I don't hate it like a lot of the music from my past.