Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy, but anime guy, Station, the Macross Fanboy

1. New guy, but anime guy, Station, the Macross Fanboy

Hi there everyone, I'm new to these forums, but was easilly attracted to the Anime board. I hope I will learn good news and developments in the anime community as well as give you my own advice and news on animes. (Especially Macross). Nice to be here.

2. Welcome aboard.
    I'm guessing you got the Animeigo Macross box. I've never seen the original Macross series before, not even the cutup Robotech. I have Macross Plus, and enjoy it. Isn't the first Macross movie supposed to be really good? I think Chris at animeondvd really likes it. I've seen bits of the second movie, blargh. Wasn't a cg tv series made?
    pwned by Ivan

3. hi, welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

4. Hey.

lee

5. Sup Station.

This board's quiet most of the time, but I'll post here every now and then with news and stuff.

6. Welcome aboard. We can always use new topics! I haven't seen Macross sadly, but it's on my to do list.

7. Originally posted by Green
    Welcome aboard.
    I'm guessing you got the Animeigo Macross box. I've never seen the original Macross series before, not even the cutup Robotech. I have Macross Plus, and enjoy it. Isn't the first Macross movie supposed to be really good? I think Chris at animeondvd really likes it. I've seen bits of the second movie, blargh. Wasn't a cg tv series made?
    Ah yes, you are correct, I have the Animeigo DVD Boxset, Macross Plus the Movie Edition on DVD. For tapes I have all of Macross 7 TV fansubbed, Macross the Movie: Do You Remember Love?, Macross Flashback 2012, Macross 7 the Movie: The Galaxy is Calling me and Macross 7 Dynamite OVA series.

I'm starting to become a hard-core Macross fan. I've started upgrading my Macross collection to DVDs so I got the original TV series and Macross Plus the movie on DVDs. I also have subititled HK DVDs of the first half of Macross 7, waiting for the second half to be released.

I also have most of the games released for Sony and Sega (awaiting the Robotech Battle Cry on Xbox) I have for Sega Saturn: Macross: Do You Remember Love (Side scroller, very fun with anime cutscenes), for Sony Playstation I have Macross VFX, VFX-2 and Plus (Macross Plus for PS1 was the first and so far only multiplayer Macross game) and for Dreamcast I have Macross M3 (the newest Macross game released).

In my opinion, Macross Plus with the best Macross ever made. I've seen every Macross so far, and Macross Plus I can watch over and over again. Especially with a subwoofer and theatre sound. Also, yes, Macross the Movie is very good, unless you watch the horrible British accent Dub. It sucks bad.

Sorry about my ranting, but I'm a huge Macross fan, if you need any info on any Macross series or the games that I mentioned, feel free to ask. I also have plenty of news and am keeping track of the development of the newest Macross series, Macross VF-0.

8. Oh, don't get me wrong though! I have loads of other animes as well, most on DVDs and on tapes. The only LDs I have are the Macross 7 TV series though, heh @.@ I'll be sure to give you people nice opinions and great reviews on my stuff.

9. Welcome to the boards !!

What would you suggest as a good quick shot of Macross to introduce someone to the saga ??

- Kabuki

10. Whats up Welcome to the boards Good to see another Anime fan to join our ranks Stick around and have fun.