Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New guy, but anime guy, Station, the Macross Fanboy

1. Originally posted by kabuki
    Welcome to the boards !!

What would you suggest as a good quick shot of Macross to introduce someone to the saga ??

- Kabuki
    Well, if you want to go in story line, I would either suggest Macross the movie (leads into Macross Plus and Macross 7) or Macross TV (sort of leads to Macross Plus and Macross 7) Also costs allot of dough to get the boxset. So I guess to start would be Macross the Movie: Do You Remember Love then get Macross Plus Movie edition on DVD.

2. I've already seen Macross Plus, so my question is does it kinda 'ruin' the rest of the series? Or, have I been 'spoiled' by the movie and will have a hard time watching anything else? I've also seen the original Macross series, but that was so long ago I don't remember much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. Originally posted by Hero
    I've already seen Macross Plus, so my question is does it kinda 'ruin' the rest of the series? Or, have I been 'spoiled' by the movie and will have a hard time watching anything else? I've also seen the original Macross series, but that was so long ago I don't remember much.
    Its kinda hard to explain, but let me try

1 Timeline:
    Macross TV

2 Timeline:
    Macross the movie: DYRL
    Macross Flash Back 2012
    Macross Plus
    Macross 7 TV
    Macross 7 the movie
    Macross 7 Dynamite OAV series

3 Timeline
    Macross II (alternate universe based after Macross the movie)

Basically, I saw Macross Plus the movie before I saw Macross the Movie, and it doesn't ruin a thing. It just seemed a little weird cause they keep calling Guld a Zentraedii and they're talking about all these transforming valkyries and the Macross on Macross City on Earth. All this originally was brought about in Macross the movie, so if you want to understand all the alien stuff and Macross stuff better, you need to see Macross the movie (it'll help you understand why they're weirded out by the Macross moving).

Robotech and Macross fan of sorts here.

So far I've seen Robotech, Macross II, Macross Plus, and an episode or two of Macross 7.

I also saw Macross: Clash of the Boinoids but that was horrible.

Cool to see another fan.
    Taking it one day at a time.

5. Originally posted by Brotherman
    Robotech and Macross fan of sorts here.

So far I've seen Robotech, Macross II, Macross Plus, and an episode or two of Macross 7.

I also saw Macross: Clash of the Boinoids but that was horrible.

Cool to see another fan.
    I used to be a Robotech fan too, under the impression that was Macross, but after I watched the original Macross TV that Animeigo released, I realized just how badly Harmony Gold butchered the characters, stories and scenes. Worse than Cartoon Network's Tenchi Muyo! butcher. Also, Clash of the Boinoids is the Macross the movie: Do You Remember Love, but they made it look like Robotech. That was such a bad British dub, it reminded me of the Beatle's dub in Yellow Submarine cartoon movie. lol

Its very rare to actually find someone else that has seen any of Macross 7. So you've got a good start. My friends and I are going to be fansubbing it ourselves either this summer or next then spread it all over the internet via Kazaa, Direct Connect, Hotline, WinMX and all those. Spreading the Macross love