Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Tale

1. Nintendo DS Monster Tale

Possibly the last great 2D DS game, Monster Tale is a action-adventure in the vein of Monster World or Metroid and created by members of the Henry Hatsworth team. Apparently marketing isn't their forte, releasing it right between a new Poke'man and the 3DS (the game was pushed up a week and is out now).

2. The guys on Fast Karate were really praising this title. What they had to say made it seem a lot more entertaining than that video, but I'm a sucker for metroidvania so I'm sure I'll play it.

The main character is a bit of a red flag though.

3. Combat looks a lil' janky. But thanks for the heads up. I was just hankerin' for an MV-type game today, but I think the only modern one I haven't beaten is MMZX (which is only marginally in that sub-genre, and not very good from what I played).

4. looks boring

5. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Combat looks a lil' janky. But thanks for the heads up. I was just hankerin' for an MV-type game today, but I think the only modern one I haven't beaten is MMZX (which is only marginally in that sub-genre, and not very good from what I played).
    If you have a DSi (or whenever the hell Nintendo gets the 3DS eshop ready) there's also Shantae: Risky's Revenge .

6. Yeah, Shantae:RR was a really good game. It REALLY reminded me of Dragon's Curse on the TG-16 (also known as Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap on SMS for those not keeping track). I love this style of game, more like it is a good thing if you ask me.

7. So I've put a couple of hours into this game and I have to say, it's really good so far. It has all of the things going for it that you love about the Metroid/Wonder Boy/etc styled games with all the the character and charm from Henry Hatsworth. They kept the interactivity with the bottom screen from HH too. Instead of a puzzle game going on down there it is treated more like a breeding ground for your little pet monster (Chomp). You send him there to heal and to power up but some gameplay activities like Chomp hitting switches or battling bosses goes on there as well. It's really well done and never feels cumbersome. The art style is HH all the way. Definitely a cool game that will more than likely get lost in the shuffle.

8. I am going to get this game.

(I also hope we continue to see 2D stuff on the 3DS... but I dunnos) :/

9. Holy shit he's back! Where you been Nemo?

10. Playing videogames and wishing for spring!

How's you?