Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5666686970

Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic

1. Read the thread?

skimmed it lol

3. Is this game 100% ftp now or what's the deal?

I arbitrarily got the urge to give it a shot until it's boring or not free, so it's downloading now, any advice on early decisions?

4. The FTP game lets you do everything but it is really gimped. You'll see.

Not a bad game.

5. It's rather insulting the levels to which they've locked things down if you're not a subscriber. Being a subscriber it's basically exactly as you would imagine, but they have everything from rested experience to the ability to hide your helm as microtransactions for F2P players. However, the space PVP is pretty much unrestricted gameplay for everyone.

If you aren't going to drop cash on it I'd imagine you'll get bored in the late teens somewhere, as they still treat you normally during the intro storyline and then halve your XP gain forever once you're done with that (and the game wasn't designed to handle such a grind).

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    It's rather insulting the levels to which they've locked things down if you're not a subscriber. Being a subscriber it's basically exactly as you would imagine, but they have everything from rested experience to the ability to hide your helm as microtransactions for F2P players. However, the space PVP is pretty much unrestricted gameplay for everyone.

If you aren't going to drop cash on it I'd imagine you'll get bored in the late teens somewhere, as they still treat you normally during the intro storyline and then halve your XP gain forever once you're done with that (and the game wasn't designed to handle such a grind).
    yep, i got bored of it. half the experience, you dont get all your rewards. and so much bullshit to pay for to have any kind of real experience. im surprised noone has called them out on this. but yes, i stopped playing. no desire. This is honestly the first F2P game i've played, with such a huge pay wall.

7. It's basically every fear of what think F2P games are like come to life. But yeah, I forgot that they offer quest rewards and then tell you that you can't have them if you're a free player when you finish the quest. That shit was infuriating.

Tera did the opposite, which was to leave the base game untouched for free players and then offer additional bonuses beyond normal amounts for subscribers. It's probably the most customer friendly transition I've ever seen.

8. What sucks is that it is a totally cool game to play. They should've went the GW2 model, considering it's story based a lot of people would pop in once in a while.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    It's basically every fear of what think F2P games are like come to life. But yeah, I forgot that they offer quest rewards and then tell you that you can't have them if you're a free player when you finish the quest. That shit was infuriating.

Tera did the opposite, which was to leave the base game untouched for free players and then offer additional bonuses beyond normal amounts for subscribers. It's probably the most customer friendly transition I've ever seen.
    Tera's combat is also about 1000 times more interesting.

I really really hated TOR. Friends I was playing with got into the PVP for a bit. The PVE was the worst.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Tera's combat is also about 1000 times more interesting.

I really really hated TOR. Friends I was playing with got into the PVP for a bit. The PVE was the worst.
    Tera's combat is so much more interesting. i have a sorc and a war, and they are both way more interesting than just standing there looking at your cooldowns.
    And Tera's paywall can almost be ignored. its mainly costumes,mounts(even though they give you one for free), and xp boosts. ToR can fuck off.