10 16.13%
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl [PC]

2 3.23%
  • Virtua Tennis 3 [PS3, PSP, 360]

4 6.45%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: TNL's GotM: March 2007

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The fact that all these assholes are voting for a PS2 game in 2007 makes me angry. There is absolutely no excuse for that game not being on PS3.
    It is a great game, why all the hate? GoW 2 is a good swan song for the PS2. Maybe Sony will put it on PS3 with better graphics later like Tekken 5.

Yakuza was the swan song for the PS2. If I am really bored one weekend, I might rent GoW2 to play on the PS3. I'm sure as hell not paying $50 for it though.

Also, EDF earned my vote. What an awesome game. I'm glad I sold my JPS2. Otherwise, I may have ordered the older game in this series.

3. I explained that one a long time ago Yoshi, in the GOW2 thread. God of War 2 is on the PS2 because Sony will make more money selling it to PS2 owners than they would if they developed it for the PS3 and sold it to PS3 owners.

I understand it from Sony's point of view. That doesn't make it acceptable to me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The fact that all these assholes are voting for a PS2 game in 2007 makes me angry. There is absolutely no excuse for that game not being on PS3.
    IAWTP. I argued this point vehemently in the God of War 2 thread only to be scolded. This game would have sold PS3s more than any other, in the U.S. at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    I explained that one a long time ago Yoshi, in the GOW2 thread. God of War 2 is on the PS2 because Sony will make more money selling it to PS2 owners than they would if they developed it for the PS3 and sold it to PS3 owners.
    And again, no one's disputing that but what's more important to Sony right now? To milk PS2 software sales or to establish the PS3?

I voted EDF 2017, btw.
    Last edited by Gooch; 04 Apr 2007 at 08:55 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    I'd vote God of War 2 if it wasn't plagued by so many shitty parts.
    Agreed.

My real vote goes to SOTN, naturally.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    It is a great game, why all the hate?
    I think it gets all the hate, because the first half of the game is pure gold and the second half of the game turns into pure shit. Seriously, by the time I finally beat the game I was thinking "Thank God this game is FINALLY over. What an irritating game that was." At the end of the game I should have been thinking "that was fucking awesome! I can't wait for God of War III now." Instead, I just thought the storyline came up lame in the end, and I really couldn't care less for playing God of War III right now.

God of War II was not a great swan song for the PS2. Instead, it turned out to be the most boring, bland, and overly bloated seqeul since Kingdom Hearts 2. Here's to hoping that both of these sereies can get back on track with their thrid installments though

8. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    Instead, it turned out to be the most boring, bland, and overly bloated seqeul since Kingdom Hearts 2. Here's to hoping that both of these sereies can get back on track with their thrid installments though
    I find that comment funny because the only reason Kingdom Hearts 2 was bloated was because of the stuff they forced in there to make it like the first game. With any luck KH3 will be even less like the original which will make it more awesome, as it's past time for them to get rid of hopping around Disney worlds. It worked well for the story and setup of the first game but really had no place in KH2, and the secret videos of KH3 seem to drive that even further.

You are right in that God of War 2 and KH2 are very similar games: Both have excellent audio and visual design and execution with cool reaction commands and a story that works really well with and doesn't feel just tacked on to the original's, while the regular combat is fairly skill-less and lacking. I prefer KH2 because enemies die quicker and the fights aren't dragged out so the pacing is a lot better, but some of those bosses in GoW2 were really fun.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I find that comment funny because the only reason Kingdom Hearts 2 was bloated was because of the stuff they forced in there to make it like the first game. With any luck KH3 will be even less like the original which will make it more awesome, as it's past time for them to get rid of hopping around Disney worlds. It worked well for the story and setup of the first game but really had no place in KH2, and the secret videos of KH3 seem to drive that even further.
    the creator already stated the next game isnt 3, its a new direction in the series. also, dont expect it too soon, hes got to finish vsXIII

10. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post
    the creator already stated the next game isnt 3, its a new direction in the series.
    Whatever it is. Considering how he talks about the way he writes stories I wouldn't be surprised if even Nomura still doesn't know what it is.