Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1626282930

Thread: The Official BEMANI Thread 2.0DX: beatmaniaIIDX and Pop'n Music mostly pls

1. I got to try Sound Voltex and Jubeat a tiny bit over the weekend.

Jubeat was pretty cool. I played the little iPad approximation in the past and obviously the real deal is way more satisfying, being able to slap the big animated screen-buttons and all. I kept feeling frustrated that I couldn't see through my hands, though, lol.

Sound Voltex blew me away. The way the game makes players manage hold notes and turning the knobs from the get-go is awesome, and while I thought I'd be turned off by the music selection, I actually enjoyed most of the songs I tried. I could definitely see myself getting into it, whereas most other music games just make me want to play IIDX.
    Last edited by Tain; 23 Feb 2015 at 11:49 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Jubeat was pretty cool. I played the little iPad approximation in the past and obviously the real deal is way more satisfying, being able to slap the big animated screen-buttons and all. I kept feeling frustrated that I couldn't see through my hands, though, lol.
    Wooaaahhhhh I didn't realize Jukebeat had a legit video game version. I'd much rather an arcade game to $4 song packs, I'll tell you what.

Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Sound Voltex blew me away. The way the game makes players manage hold notes and turning the knobs from the get-go is awesome, and while I thought I'd be turned off by the music selection, I actually enjoyed most of the songs I tried. I could definitely see myself getting into it, whereas most other music games just make me want to play IIDX.
    Shit, this looks awesome. I'd never heard of it before!

Tain, have you played Reflecbeat on the iPad? I can't decide if it's complete shit or if I just haven't gotten the hang of it.

3. Can't say I've tried it, just seen little clips.