Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Phantasy Star Portable

Mad Phantasy Star Portable

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Box
    - Sega announced Phantasy Star Portable for PSP, a portable version of Phantasy Star Universe, featuring additional missions and stories not found in the console version. The game supports multi-players over WiFi, up to 4 players can cooperate in Ad-Hoc mode. The game is being developed by Alfa System, scheduled for 2008 release.
    I. HATE. SEGA.

2. Don't you own a PSP?

That's not the part I'm pissed about. Phantasy Star Online is an awful bastardization of the franchise. When I saw "Phantasy Star Portable," I thought it might be a remake of the original SMS game or a new, traditional RPG. I click on the link, and the bastards are taking the online garbage and making it worse by farming it out and putting it on a portable. I hate Sega.

4. If you actually thought Sega was going to make a real single-player Phantasy Star ever again you're beyond naive.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    That's not the part I'm pissed about. Phantasy Star Online is an awful bastardization of the franchise. When I saw "Phantasy Star Portable," I thought it might be a remake of the original SMS game or a new, traditional RPG. I click on the link, and the bastards are taking the online garbage and making it worse by farming it out and putting it on a portable. I hate Sega.
    Like it would have won with you either way. If it had turned out to be what you thought, you'd be on another "handhelds suck, this should be on a console" rant.

Quote Originally Posted by sethsez View Post
    If you actually thought Sega was going to make a real single-player Phantasy Star ever again you're beyond naive.
    Agreed, but that doesn't mean that when I saw a title without "online" in it, I didn't have a brief moment of hopeful insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Like it would have won with you either way. If it had turned out to be what you thought, you'd be on another "handhelds suck, this should be on a console" rant.
    This one would have tested my resolve, because I'd love a new Phantasy Star. It should be on the PC, but that one would be such a surprise that I might take what I could get.

8. I agree with Yoshi, fuck these fake Phantasy Stars.

9. lol ad-hoc.

10. I liked PSO for Dreamcast a bunch. But yeah.