Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slam Dunk

1. Thumbs Up Slam Dunk

Watch it or read it now. Seriously this show is that good. Everything from the characters to the action to the stories that go on this manga is spot on. This might be the best sports manga ever made seriously.

I dont know how long the anime is and its old so if anyone can find any torrents go ahead and tell me cause it'll be a good alternative to shitty youtube vids, but the manga is 31 volumes. If anyones interested in reading it from the begging www.thespectrum.net will be rotating in the first 9 volumes on 4/7.

Really its good trust me on this.

Anyone see/read it already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

2. I read the manga. I didn't really like it that much. It wasn't bad, it was just really long and repetitive. I'm not sure how I made it all the way through. After the first couple games I realized it was just the same thing over and over. And then the ending was rushed through in like a chapter or two.

3. Really i felt the whole series was kinda rushed the games were good although i liked the times between the games than the games themselves. Like times when Hanamichi was training and his interactment with the other characters was golden.
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

4. Right, I liked those parts, but it spent so little time doing that and went all DBZ with the basketball games, volumes of nothing but "OMG! He caught the rebound!"

5. As far as the actual basketball parts the anime beats it but i don't take too kindly to old school anime so its not as appealing to me as the manga...

I own the tv series and have commented on it before. I'm not much in to it, though I looked at the box a few days ago and lamented the fact that I'd not pushed further on. The problems I had mainly stemmed from the animation not being that great and some really weird choices in character design that made what should have been attractive girls really, really ugly. I know that sounds petty, but its hard for me to watch as I sit there wondering why did they design so-and-so like that because she's totally weirding me out.

7. Yeah its pretty olds school but watching the ball games animated is better than reading it in the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by not Anal Kaboom View Post
    Yeah its pretty olds school but watching the ball games animated is better than reading it in the manga.
    It's not that it's "old school", it's that it's badly done. There's a ton of actual old school shows/movies/OVAs that are of high quality. There's certain things in Slam Dunk I like a lot (namely, the high school setting and the depiction of rowdies and stuff), but the animation borders on poor and the art direction has some weird, weird choices regarding female designs.

9. I'm not disagreeing with you I don't like it as much as the manga but then again I just don't like that "look" that old '80s anime has.

10. Yes, we've been over this. Slam Dunk is not 80's anime though. And plenty of 80's anime have better animation and art design than Slam Dunk.