Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PS2 Half-Life

1. Originally posted by Quinn Fox

I'm sure the game still holds up well, but it's getting slightly dated. If what Dolemite says is true and knows what he's talking about and it's REALLY running at a near constant 60fps, then count me in...I wanted a console version for a long time.....
    Oh, I KNOW what I'm talking about. Trust me, and ignore that pharaoh Ghost Rider-lookin' dude. The game IS NOT choppy. It has a faster frame rate then Red Faction did, and that game was perfectly smooth...

What about you zidane? You think the game's choppy at all?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

zidane747 Guest
    Originally posted by Dolemite

What about you zidane? You think the game's choppy at all?

Nope, not one bit. Seems to run at 60fps to me. I haven't encountered one instance of slowdown or choppy-ness in the game, even when the screen is filled with aliens and my gunfire. Smooth all the way.

3. The best thing about the game is fucking around with the scientists. Try and be creative, killing them is the best bit about the whole game. I love finding that scientist hiding in the trash can and chucking a grenade into it just as he opens the lid. Laying trip mines everywhere, shooting a scientist and then watching as they run away from you into the lazers. I remember cheating to get all the weapons from the start and running around, gunning down all the scientists. I am no sicko, honest, but it beats platform hopping in Xen.

4. How about when you put a scientist next to a security guard, and they start having a conversation? Priceless. The guard usually ends up getting mad at the scientist...

I can't understand how some people can say this game is jaggy or low-res or choppy (it is none of these things), unless they've never played it and are just talking crap because they hate the PS2 or something. Whatever.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. ... half-life is nothing without Counter-Strike...

... and by nothing... i mean "a damned good single player game"...

6. Originally posted by Dolemite
    I can't understand how some people can say this game is jaggy or low-res or choppy (it is none of these things), unless they've never played it and are just talking crap because they hate the PS2 or something. Whatever.
    put HL ps2 up against the PC rev at 1024*768. trust me...compared to that the ps2 game looks horrid. taken by itself ill admit its a fine looking game but when i was making my points i was taking the pc rev into account. you got all pissed like i just smacked one of your ho's

7. Originally posted by Dragonmaster Dyne

put HL ps2 up against the PC rev at 1024*768. trust me...compared to that the ps2 game looks horrid. taken by itself ill admit its a fine looking game but when i was making my points i was taking the pc rev into account. you got all pissed like i just smacked one of your ho's
    Wha-choo talkin' 'bout, Willis? Of course the PC rev will look better at 1024x768. I'm sure the pc version runs at, like, 180fps on your pc too. But the models have far fewer polys. Ah, whatever. Doesn't matter to me. It's just that people here are talking smack about problems that don't exist in the game. As for me getting pissed about comments you made...um...what comments? This is the first time you posted in this thread. And I wasn't pissed at all, anyway. You must have just misunderstood what I meant. That's the bad thing about the net...no tone of voice...

As for mah ho's, NOBODY gorilla pimp slaps them but brutha Dolemite, can you dig it?

8. I'm sure the pc version runs at, like, 180fps on your pc too. But the models have far fewer polys.
    Is this taking into account the high-definition pack which was released with the Blue Shift expansion? From my understanding, the to-be-DC and the PS2 versions were just based off of HL-with-definition-pack, which would work with HL and all expansions.

9. I don't think Blue Shift added any polys, it just introduced higher-res textures. I could be wrong, but I believe that's the case. I remember reading an article comparing the character models from the PC, DC, and PS2 versions and the DC had more polys than the PC, and the PS2 had more than both of them.

Just to clear some things up... If you put Half life in the highest resolution (cant remember the number) with the graphics pack that comes with blue shift on a nice computer (like mine) It makes ps2 look like its a NES. Beleive me!

BTW: BLUESHIFT SUCKS! But Opposing Forces TOTALLY owns (it comes with blue shift) Do your self a favor, buy HL and BS for pc and get a way better experience for the same price as teh ps2 game (mods, extras, online play, list goes on and on....)