Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Shit

1. Thanks for the impressions guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    You put these up in any local shows/try to sell 'em at all?

I recently submitted all the paintings shown above to the local Arts & Humanities council for a potential one man show. I have my fingers crossed on that & I'm gonna take part in a local Downtown art walk tomorrow evening, so maybe some sales will be in my future. I havent sold a painting to a stranger in about 6 years, so I am well overdue on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    You like to play with hair.
    Hehe, guilty as charged.

2. Geometry too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Another Scratch board. Done between 10 & 2:00 this evening.

I'm trying to crank the scratch boards out for that Outdoor thing tomorrow. I figure the smaller pieces might sell.

JM

4. Quote Originally Posted by JM View Post
    I havent sold a painting to a stranger in about 6 years, so I am well overdue on that.
    So sell one to a non-stranger. I'll add it to my "TNL collection" as I've got a painting here by Hero (where the fuck did he go, anyway?).

5. How much are you selling them for? My luchador posters have had offers on them. 275 dollars each.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Um, my prices really depend on the moment. If I'm gonna be showing & potential collectors might be seeing it, the prices will be higher. I've sold large paintings for less than $275 during dry spells. Keep in mind that there is next to no market for paintings like mine in small town Louisiana. If it doesn't have Labrador retrievers or magnolia flowers, no sale. I'm trying to get away from selling my stuff too cheap since paintings & scratchboards are one of a kind.

I think I'm going to get into lithographs or etching soon. I think I have nice linework, and it would be nice to be able to make multiple prints of my stuff.

JM

7. Well, my show is going to be on july 6th. I will have 21 paintings & 7 or 8 scratchboards for it. It is gonna be a the local Arts & Humanaties Council Gallery.

Wish me luck guys I could really use the extra cash.

JM

8. Congrats man, thats awesome.

9. shits gunna sell like Lynard Skynard ashtrays in SC. good luck and early congrats.

10. Bash is great. Good luck with your sale.