Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Shit

1. how much for Bash?

2. Um, I'm still pretty undecided on that one. Probably a lot for the show. I spent over a month working on that one, so I'm not gonna part with it easily. I'll price it high for the show & then come down if someone wants after the show, This is my chance to get a good bit from it. I sent out around 1,000 post cards to the Art Council's mailing list to promote the show, so hopefully I'll get some spendy artsy types coming to the reception. If you are serious, PM me & I'll discuss prices after the show, Haomaur has dibs on Albatross for after the show, so I may be contacting him about that soon too.

The show is almost totally hung, I only have a few more pieces to get up before Friday. Wish me luck again, I'll post pics of how the gallery looks when I get a chance.

JM

Lily and Sunflower are beautiful. if i had the cash i would try and pick em up. as it stands im broke as a joke. Great work though.

JBNagis

4. Hey all,

Thought I'd drop in & let y'all know how the show went. Despite my lack of organization & waiting till the last minute for every damn thing, the show & everthing that goes with it (buissnes cards, price sheets, 1,000 postcards sent out to local arts mailing lists, etc.) was ready for the 6th. I think everything looked great & I actually sold a good bit of stuff. I had 20 paintings & 9 scratchboards in the show. I sold all of the scratchboards but one, and sold 4 paintings! I did a good bit better than I thought I would.

With the proceeds I'm investing in a Press to do Lino & Woodcut prints with. Now the time invested into my scratch boards will be for lino cuts that I can make prints off of for years to come.

I also have 3 or 4 commissions coming out of the show. All in all it was a LOT of fun & a great experience. I really haven't had my work out there for the last couple of years, so it has been great to do this & get a little outside feedback on what I'm doing.

The show is coming down on the 30th, and I will get in there & take some pics before that & post them here.

Later

JM

5. That is fantastic news. It's nice to see an artist with actual talent actually make sales (I'm the artist without talent that makes sales).
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. i think sunflower is my favorite. they're all really good though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    my cat fucked my sister.